Is this a decent deal?

Help Support CattleToday:

alfalfaking

Reaction score
I ran across a guy trying to sell 15 mixed cows ranging in age from 4-10yrs with the majority of them being 7-8 year old Reds and about 5 being avg black cows.. He has 5 calves on the ground right now and the other 10 are ready to drop at any time. Their all bred to a charlois bull, cows are in decent shape, the guy lost his lease and he has had them penned at his house and 10 acres for the last 4 days, he has owned them for the last three years. He is asking $9500 for them all.

About $630 dollars a head. I'd think the calves would pay for the cows. If you have grass for them and everything is as stated, it sounds like a pretty good deal to me. What did he do with the bull?

I believe the bull is owned by the man that this other guy works for, he just lets him run his cows with his bull.

as long as your ready for them. dont jump into this just cuz ya got a good deal. no matter how tempting it is. if you aint got the facilities, its not worth it. JMO. but otherwise sounds good to me.

I would go for it to me its a plus that they where bred to a Charolais bull the calves should be thick and good lookinsmokie calves also a more uniform calf crop vs if he bred them to three different breed bulls or something Good Luck and sounds good keep us posted

I believe I talked to the same guy a while back. He seems legit, but I never went out to check them all out.

Sounds like a good deal to me. You should be able to get several more good calves out of those cows. Are they calm? That would be my deciding factor as long as I had the $$$ and the space/grass for them.

Sounds like a great deal. Here, short solid cows with little calves are going for 750-1000 and younger pairs for more. Springers are from 700 and up. Sounds like a great deal if you find out that all is like you believe it to be

This guy with the cows for sale would not happen to be located near shady point Oklahoma would he ?

Latest posts