Is states rights a left or right issue?

Help Support CattleToday:

In the particular case of the stuff that been discussed in Texas, it's right.

I think that Mr. Perry is using people's dissatisfaction with the whole tax thing to build himself up a platform for reelection. I don't believe anything he says. He, like all politicians, just wants to remain in office for as long as possible. I don't know why. Lord knows he'd do better as a lobbyist than he does at being governor, money wise.

Lammie":rvuau6r8 said:

I think that Mr. Perry is using people's dissatisfaction with the whole tax thing to build himself up a platform for reelection. I don't believe anything he says. He, like all politicians, just wants to remain in office for as long as possible. I don't know why. Lord knows he'd do better as a lobbyist than he does at being governor, money wise.

I agree about Perry going with the flow (his record doesn't support his current stance). I don't think its about taxes so much. More about spending.

Walt

Jogeephus":2hvw544j said:
Txwalt":2hvw544j said:
I don't think its about taxes so much. More about spending.

Not meaning to argue but don't these two go hand in hand?

Good point if you are talking about the future. Taxes will undoubtably change and increase to compensate for the current spending. Are we on the same page? Not arguing.

Walt

No disagreement there. I think some of the people in gov't positions have lost sight of what they are doing. For instance, after Katrina the gov't had left over ice so they stored it. After a while they decided to dispose of it but they weren't sure how to do this cause it might have some environmental concerns. They formed a think tank and finally decided to let it melt and through the plastic bags in a dumpster. Cost to the taxpayer. $6,000,000. This is shear nonpartisan stupidity.

Txwalt":323x80vs said:
Lammie":323x80vs said:

I agree about Perry going with the flow (his record doesn't support his current stance). I don't think its about taxes so much. More about spending.

Walt

Walt, I'd bet my paycheck, all 1.99 of it, that he's planning a run for higher office. You are right. This isn't like him. He's playing off the dislike of the Obama spending plan, trying to act like a common man, when he's anything but. He's evil. He's trying to set himself up and the anti-Obama, which is his business in the free society, but I sure hope he doesn't fool anyone. He'll say anything to get reelected. He's proven that twice now.

And yes, I'd vote for a yellow dog before I'd vote for him. I have a lot of conservative views but I don't trust him and I never have.

Lammie":2yxpuimo said:
I think that Mr. Perry is using people's dissatisfaction with the whole tax thing to build himself up a platform for reelection. I don't believe anything he says. He, like all politicians, just wants to remain in office for as long as possible.

The first and most important job for any politician is to get re-elected.

As to the issue at hand, it's a constitutional issue. We've already had one war over this issue.

If I told you all how I really feel, it would break the rules.

Lammie a whole bunch of folks on the right have disdain for that man. We aint putting on the left turn signal tho. Too many of us remember that lady who went back on everything we voted for - especially the lotto.

They have those bumper stickers mentioned yesterday on eBay. :D A diversity of them. They are all good. :cowboy:

Lammie":2e88s55j said:
Txwalt":2e88s55j said:
Lammie":2e88s55j said:

Walt

Walt, I'd bet my paycheck, all 1.99 of it, that he's planning a run for higher office. You are right. This isn't like him. He's playing off the dislike of the Obama spending plan, trying to act like a common man, when he's anything but. He's evil. He's trying to set himself up and the anti-Obama, which is his business in the free society, but I sure hope he doesn't fool anyone. He'll say anything to get reelected. He's proven that twice now.

And yes, I'd vote for a yellow dog before I'd vote for him. I have a lot of conservative views but I don't trust him and I never have.

Tell us how you really feel. :lol:

Walt

81R5789 MMS-F

By: Creighton TEXAS H.C.R. No. 50

CONCURRENT RESOLUTION
WHEREAS, The Tenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States reads as follows: "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people"; and
WHEREAS, The Tenth Amendment defines the total scope of federal power as being that specifically granted by the Constitution of the United States and no more; and
WHEREAS, The scope of power defined by the Tenth Amendment means that the federal government was created by the states specifically to be an agent of the states; and
WHEREAS, Today, in 2009, the states are demonstrably treated as agents of the federal government; and
WHEREAS, Many federal laws are directly in violation of the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States; and
WHEREAS, The Tenth Amendment assures that we, the people of the United States of America and each sovereign state in the Union of States, now have, and have always had, rights the federal government may not usurp; and
WHEREAS, Section 4, Article IV, of the Constitution says, "The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government," and the Ninth Amendment states that "The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people"; and
WHEREAS, The United States Supreme Court has ruled in New York v. United States, 112 S. Ct. 2408 (1992), that congress may not simply commandeer the legislative and regulatory processes of the states; and
WHEREAS, A number of proposals from previous administrations and some now pending from the present administration and from congress may further violate the Constitution of the United States; now, therefore, be it
RESOLVED, That the 81st Legislature of the State of Texas hereby claim sovereignty under the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States over all powers not otherwise enumerated and granted to the federal government by the Constitution of the United States; and, be it further
RESOLVED, That this serve as notice and demand to the federal government, as our agent, to cease and desist, effective immediately, mandates that are beyond the scope of these constitutionally delegated powers; and, be it further
RESOLVED, That all compulsory federal legislation that directs states to comply under threat of civil or criminal penalties or sanctions or that requires states to pass legislation or lose federal funding be prohibited or repealed; and, be it further
RESOLVED, That the Texas secretary of state forward official copies of this resolution to the president of the United States, to the speaker of the house of representatives and the president of the senate of the United States Congress, and to all the members of the Texas delegation to the congress with the request that this resolution be officially entered in the Congressional Record as a memorial to the Congress of the United States of America.

Q: Is states rights a left or right issue?

My answer: Its both. The left feel that the federal government should have more control and the right feel that the states should have more control. Been an argument ever since we wrote the Articles of Confederation.

I think Perry is trying to set himself up before Kay Bailey decides to run against him.

jw":146cso6b said:
I think Perry is trying to set himself up before Kay Bailey decides to run against him.

The only difference between them is their genders. I'm going to have to see what else winds up being out there for a choice.

john250":87a2p15e said:
Lammie":87a2p15e said:
jw":87a2p15e said:

The only difference between them is their genders. I'm going to have to see what else winds up being out there for a choice.

I thought you were a Kinky supporter?

Kinky will not win - he has too much common sense.

Latest posts