Is my trailer possessed?

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
So I went to hook up the trailer to move the tractor this morning and I find one board has popped up out of the groove at the end of the trailer. There is a row of screws no more than 2' away and it bent enough to come out but not rip out the screws. This is not a new trailer or new wood by any means.

I'll get a pic as soon as I get it unloaded.

I have been watching a lot of The Originals on Netflix so I'm leaning toward witchcraft... maybe a hex... but I wanted to run it by the CT Brain Trust before I go public.

Oh that's just everyday s h i t that happens to make sure your not expecting too much out of life.....

Looks like you drove over something that wanged that one board pretty hard

:lol: Well I do pull it with a Chevy so that is a possibility. I can fly that trailer like a kite if I want to.

When I saw it the first thing I did was look at the inside dual to see if there was still a tire there. Still had all my tires. :???:

Brute 23":21lnj6he said:
1982vett":21lnj6he said:
Oh that's just everyday s h i t that happens to make sure your not expecting too much out of life.....

Seems that way. :nod: My game plan is to not jack with it and hope it goes back on its own.
Get 3 of ohio's interns involved, 2 with a pry-bar and a 1 a sledge...... :cboy:

Correction....that was Craigmillers interns.

Maybe if you paint the trailer black the board will go back in place.

Edit: Fence isn't the only one lacking in self control.

1982vett":3mangk82 said:
Brute 23":3mangk82 said:
1982vett":3mangk82 said:

Seems that way. :nod: My game plan is to not jack with it and hope it goes back on its own.
Get 3 of ohio's interns involved, 2 with a pry-bar and a 1 a sledge...... :cboy:

Correction....that was Craigmillers interns.

Problem with that is is 2 don't know how to use a pry bar and the other can't swing a hammer hard enough to do anything with it.

kenny thomas":2nw8jrma said:
Sit something heavy on it and pour water on it every day till it goes back where it started.

Yep, looks like the wood just shrank in the dry weather, and maybe after it pulled out it got wet again, tried to expand and buckled.. Exact same thing happens on my trailer in the summer.. winter when it's wet the boards are tight together, summer there's a half inch gap between them.

Nesikep":2e5nkcmv said:
kenny thomas":2e5nkcmv said:
Sit something heavy on it and pour water on it every day till it goes back where it started.

Yep, looks like the wood just shrank in the dry weather, and maybe after it pulled out it got wet again, tried to expand and buckled.. Exact same thing happens on my trailer in the summer.. winter when it's wet the boards are tight together, summer there's a half inch gap between them.

That makes sense. It has been real dry here. Then a couple day ago we got several inches of rain.

The bad thing is it looks like its trying to go back but its hitting half way along the board. I avoided driving on it this weekend because I figured it would break for sure being binded up like that.

when it dries out again, I'd put a couple bolts with big on, and a kind of brace underneath so you can suck it down and next time it gets wet it goes back in the right spot
I haven't listened to my own advice yet.. I'll get to it ;)

Latest posts