Is it raining in Central Texas? Updated pictures on 4/29

Help Support CattleToday:

1982vett

Reaction score
:banana: It is now! A true downpour! Lots of wind too :shock: and more on the way. Looks like we should catch some water in the tanks this time.

CB, maybe you need to get into them fire ants more often, you sure danced up a good rain. :lol2: Lammie did real good but I think yours is going to out do hers.

Just went out and looked while we have an intermission. The rain guage had 1/2 inch already. Took about 20 minutes.

It's just now getting to my place. I've had this place for about 3 years, but having retired end of 2007...be able to watch things like weather patterns better. AND as dang near every front I've seen come through here, it seems the weak part of the front floats over my place. Radar shows heavy rain north, and south, and it appears we are going to get some.....but as aways, not the rain we really need.

wtexasfam":2o3vdxkk said:
Nope, part of the Big Country (West Cetral Texas !!!)

Well, I guess we are both right, you said West and I said North.
At least you are still in Texas. :p

jcummins":1ob1jfbf said:
It's just now getting to my place. I've had this place for about 3 years, but having retired end of 2007...be able to watch things like weather patterns better. AND as dang near every front I've seen come through here, it seems the weak part of the front floats over my place. Radar shows heavy rain north, and south, and it appears we are going to get some.....but as aways, not the rain we really need.

Looks like the follow thru I was expecting isn't going to make it here either. Glad we got what we did. I planted 20 acres of haygrazer Thursday and slung fertilizer on it yesterday so this is great. I think they still call for rain tomorrow and Saturday so maybe, just maybe.....

Talk about a down pour. Didnt last too long but it sure came down hard. One guy on the bus was talking about hail this evening on his phone. Anyone get hit by hail?

it rained good here in northeast tx today.i had just got in from getting everything done when the rain let loose.

It ain't raining in montague county yet. And Montague county looks like it's north central not north west.

Cal

CattleHand":2sgu6uys said:
Talk about a down pour. Didnt last too long but it sure came down hard. One guy on the bus was talking about hail this evening on his phone. Anyone get hit by hail?

Yup! Looks like my kids took a hammer to the trucks. Just liability on one of the trucks. I guess thats what I get for paying off one of them and trying to save a buck, lol. I'll just take the check and bank it. If I cared about looks I would have looked into plastic surgery a long time ago. :nod: Just kidding. I'm actually a stud. :cboy:

Walt

P.S. Worst hail storm I've ever seen or heard. Its the noise that is scary. Only golf ball sized hail though.

Txwalt":2kxtrblm said:
CattleHand":2kxtrblm said:

Yup! Looks like my kids took a hammer to the trucks. Just liability on one of the trucks. I guess thats what I get for paying off one of them and trying to save a buck, lol. I'll just take the check and bank it. If I cared about looks I would have looked into plastic surgery a long time ago. :nod: Just kidding. I'm actually a stud. :cboy:

Walt

P.S. Worst hail storm I've ever seen or heard. Its the noise that is scary. Only golf ball sized hail though.

Im sorry to hear that Walt. If it was your new truck for taking to town looks like it got promoted to be the chore truck pretty fast. Luckily we had no hail. Gold ball or a little bigger is what this guy was talking about. Unfortunate.

Glad to hear you got some meaningful rain, Vette. It started here yesterday afternoon and quit aroud seven, sun came out, but it was rainy this morning when I took out the trash. I don't watch the news, so I guess I need to do so and get a forecast. I normally just go to WFAA.com.

Got a little bit down here. Haven't been out yet, but I'd guess maybe 1/2 inch or so. No hail here, but they really got pounded up north and west of Austin. Tennis ball size, they say. Took out a lot of windshields and such.

I am glad I missed that part.

We have a three car garage that is filled with wood working equipment. If I had to park the truck in the barn, I am afraid that I would get my brains beaten out trying to get back to the house.

Here in southern Montague county, we didn't get enough rain to show up in the gauge. It rained about a 1/2 inch at work so I was all excited. The closer I got to home the drier it got; I hate when that happens. :cry2: But I am glad some folks got rain! Maybe next time will be our turn.

Ended up with .25 inch in rain guage this morning. I know others got a lot more....but they also got some really nasty weather, and don't need that part. News was saying there was a tornado in Huntsville.

Latest posts