Is it Possible?

Help Support CattleToday:

Beef11

Reaction score
I'm working on a bit of a research project.

Is it possible to not smile when you hear a donkey bray? I know i smile and chuckle abit when i hear it. It never gets old.

Beef11":2108m3pe said:
I'm working on a bit of a research project.

Is it possible to not smile when you hear a donkey bray? I know i smile and chuckle abit when i hear it. It never gets old.
depends if it happens at the same time he is kicking the pi$$ out of you. then yes it is possible ;-)

All it does is make me grit my teeth. The neighbor has 4-5 of them and they carry on every morning for an hour or so.

dun

Dun

Be glad it's donkeys and not peacocks. Pretty birds but loud and nasty.

its makes me jump and the nearest one is across the creek and down the road.

Angus Guy":kqvq0e1q said:
Dun

Be glad it's donkeys and not peacocks. Pretty birds but loud and nasty.

We had a pair of peafowl until they were killed by dogs last year. Got both dogs, unfortunately after the fact.

Yes, they were noisy but what I remember most was that when they squawked the cows would come running from a quarter mile away, Another peafowl owner told me they had the same experience with them. Squawk! Moo!

I think donkeys are cute. Untill the neighbors donkey spends all night braying, thats very annoying and I find it very hard to smile. Dont worry, I get the neighbors back at weaning time ;-) ...(I dont own a donkey.)

Peafowl isn;t bad eating, of course donkeys aren;t bad either.

dun

lol, yea I can't keep from smilin either. Althou my every time we're workn and my hand hears one brayn, he'll ask me what I
was say'n, arg I don't find that funny.

dun":2g9mho6p said:
Peafowl isn;t bad eating, of course donkeys aren;t bad either.

dun

I think eating donkey is just fine, but what do you think the PETA folks are going to say when they hear dun eats donkey :?: :help:

dun":2axwdxf3 said:
Peafowl isn;t bad eating of course donkeys aren;t bad either

dun

Okay, I'll admit I'm gullible. Dun, have you seriously eaten a donkey? Just the thought......

Back to the initial question, I think the braying is both funny and annoying. Just depends on the time of day you have to listen to it. We've got one that starts braying the minute she sees someone out back. Heck, who needs a guard dog when you've got something like that?

*Cowgirl*":xbc9ha50 said:
4-H_Kid07":xbc9ha50 said:
Eww... you have eatten donkey?
Tastes like chicken ;-)

I suggest that if eating donkey you prepare it the same way as some suggest for carp. Pre-heat oven, lay filets of donkey on a cedar board, salt and pepper to taste. Bake on cedar board for one hr., remove from oven, throw away the donkey and eat the board.

Joy in Texas":3nxblw6e said:
For real dun did you eat donkey ? Is it like horse meat ?

Not quite as stringy and not as sweet tasting. When I first ate it we called it Missouri Moose

dun

:eek: I guess I really never thought about eating one. I have tasted horse meat. I didn't know what it was at first, but it wasn't bad.