Is it just me....

Help Support CattleToday:

Indeed he has been quiet. You feelin' okay Paint? Gonna have to lay off them buffalo wings. (Eveything tastes like chicken - except for chicken.)

warpaint":16qffeqo said:
Been at home for the Holidays. No internet connection out in the boonies where we live. All is hunkydory, thanks for askin.

I'll take the boonies over traffic any day. Glad that you could have that much quality time with the family.

Better get your taste buds looked at there Paint. Buffalo wings taste like wings to me. :lol:

Probably one of the best Christmas's in a while. Had the family over for lunch on Christmas Day. 20 some folks. Fried a 24 lb. bird that morning.

Then the week that followed was filled with branding and vaccinating calves.

New Years Eve found us with another 20 folks or so. Made up a pot of Cajun style pork stew. Better to celebrate at home with family and friends than to be riding the roads.

Hope everybody had a Great one.

Considering the size of a buffalo those wings are awfully puny. It's no wonder that the buffalo don't roost in trees very often.Z

Bullbuyer":3a6q64rp said:
Indeed he has been quiet. You feelin' okay Paint? Gonna have to lay off them buffalo wings. (Eveything tastes like chicken - except for chicken.)
What does chicken taste like, anyhow. Definitely not alligator, frogs or crawfish. :lol:
All of those are good and that isn't what I heard about chicken.

I have always wondered exactly where on a buffalo are the wings? I have seen a fair number of buffalo but never once have I seen one with wings.

Paint,
That was a good party. The stew was pretty tasty too. I had a really good time. Rang in the year with Jim-some of you might know him?? Last name is Beam.

Dave":2mueg8i6 said:
I have always wondered exactly where on a buffalo are the wings? I have seen a fair number of buffalo but never once have I seen one with wings.

GOOD QUESTION !
And now the answer:
Everyone would've gotten this if they had thought about it for a minute! The buffalo farmers clip the wings off the buffalo when they are first born - thus the small size and the reason why no one has ever seen an adult buffalo with wings. In the old days, the wings would just dry up and fall off after a few days, sort of like an umbilical cord.

Bullbuyer":30kikszc said:
Dave":30kikszc said:

GOOD QUESTION !
And now the answer:
Everyone would've gotten this if they had thought about it for a minute! The buffalo farmers clip the wings off the buffalo when they are first born - thus the small size and the reason why no one has ever seen an adult buffalo with wings. In the old days, the wings would just dry up and fall off after a few days, sort of like an umbilical cord.

Ah ha, I see said the blind man!

dun

I thought the wings were just under the front legs :oops: and taste of chicken....what ya been drinking and can I have some, please pretty please. :lol2:

Just had some farm raised chicken and the stuff you buy in the store sure don't taste like chicken. Really don't know what it taste like. :shock:

llcupit":3myo6e03 said:
Just had some farm raised chicken and the stuff you buy in the store sure don't taste like chicken. Really don't know what it taste like. :shock:
Was talking to a feller today, that store bought meats dont taste worth a flip anymore. Glad to have just put a Beef in the freezer. Pork and Chicken, especially have no flavor anymore.

warpaint":nypifogu said:
Or do "buffalo wings" taste like chicken??? :p
The last Buffalo Wings that I 8 sure did not taste like chicken. Not like the buffalo wings from what we used to kill on the Range. Now them little chicks from that Chicken Ranch in Texas, now they had some quality to them. ;-)

Latest posts