Is it just me

Help Support CattleToday:

Agboy

Reaction score
Ok guys is it just me or has this forum is not as active it used to be. I posted a couple off topics over in the tractors an trucks forum an boy talk about slow responses. It was way more active afew months ago. A lot off theold posters that were once there I dont see anymore. And a klot off people that look never post. Its no fun when you post a topic an one day later no responses. That sucks. So my advice guys is post up an get active. A forum is not a foum unless you talk back an forth. Oh an if you guys are visiting as guests. Please register. I just noticed we have way more guests then members that are online. It doesnt cost anything an you can add your input to anything so go ahead an make the plunge.

I think it's because this is a busy time of year for most folks, which means that there'll probably be more activity on here come wintertime.

I was just about to say what IluvAB said, just a busy time of year. I have noticed it to. it is quite. once the Hay is cut and the cows have carved, and the weather chills down, perhaps it will pick up again. :| ;-)

IluvABbeef":135w54bn said:
I think it's because this is a busy time of year for most folks, which means that there'll probably be more activity on here come wintertime.
It is a really busy time for us, we just put up a fence , getting the barn ready for some more beef cattle, making sure all of our cattle stay healthy, just one thing after another

Good gosh Agboy....you've made 20 posts in the yr since you've joined! Why dont you slow down some and give someone else a chance to respond to some of the posts??

Just kidding, I just thought it was ironic that someone who has made 20 posts in a yr is calling out members for not posting enough. Yes, the forum does indeed seem to appear to be different nowadays. I guess we just have a lot more members now and folks are just rattling a few cages the wrong way. I remember when we first started, there wasnt a coffee shop or anything and everyone just posted on one big forum, and if you werent interested in cattle there really wasnt a reason to be here. Seems there are some folks here who only post in the coffee shop or the grasses or the tractors/machinery sections as they may feel too intimidated to post somewhere thats not exactly their "speciality". Anyway, nope, it's not just you who has noticed the difference.

Maybe Agboy's number of posts got stuck like mine did. No matter how many times I posted I still show 14? (Now watch it'll make me a liar and show 15!)

Number of posts will go down on a forum as it ages.

Many of your common questions can be found by a quick search,
And with that you dont have to deal with the whole "I'm a real farmer your a hobby guy" crap.

Also I agree many are out finishing up hay, calving, general outside work before it gets colder.

Plus, how many times has a new person asked a question like "my cow has warts, what do I do?"
Only to be given a link, and told to search.
We cant have it both ways, many of the posts are just boring,
Been there done that crap.

MD

cowspider":12t1ohln said:
Seems we have not heard from Bez!?* in quit a while. Is still alive or did I miss something ?

Maybe he's had another unfortunate manure incident. :lol: :eek:

redfornow":1zbfyj4r said:
And with that you dont have to deal with the whole "I'm a real farmer your a hobby guy" crap.

MD

I agree. There are a lot of assumptions made by a few. I visualize them as rat terriers. They don't really add anything to the forum - just jump out every now and then and nip at someone's heels and insult them. I don't understand this. We all have something in common - a love of cattle and chose to be here because we like to talk to others who share this same interest - at least that is why I come here.

Have a great and wonderful day - the choice is up to you. :cboy:

Latest posts