Is it just me?

Help Support CattleToday:

Perhaps you will share with us a nation who has done a better job in your humble opinion.
Point I'm making is if you build something incorrectly it will be incorrectly built at the end. If you cook a steak well done you can't go back and make it rare. Take it for what you will... The countries problems won't get resolved on a debate on cattle today and I'm not going to try to debate it.

farmerjan> One of my 8th great grandmothers is Mary Bliss, tried twice for witchcraft. The irony of it is her granddaughter and the
grandson of the prosecuting attorney married. Their child married a 2nd cousin from another line to which I am connected, incidently
out of Hartford, Windsor!
I have no ancestors who came to this country after 1795. From what I can determine the Salem witchcraft trials
are tied directly to the North Berwickshire trials, instigated by one James Stuart author of Daemonologie and son of Mary Q O S.
and homosexual lover of George Villiers, Duke of Buckingham.

skyhightree1 is smoking funny 'baca' when he says this country was founded off greed, dishonesty and a host of other negative things.

skyhightree1 is smoking funny 'baca' when he says this country was founded off greed, dishonesty and a host of other negative things.

Sure I'm smoking something.. or are you smoking something or just too dumb to realize what went on in history. Which is it? Either way you have a right to block out whatever you want to in history just as I have a right to acknowledge what went on. Done with this thread ...

Fact will always trump opinion based on conjecture. Therefore one would hope some effort would be made by the offended to
actually research the records of our founding fathers and the serious commitment made by them to found a nation, under God,
with liberty and justice for all. Is it a perfect union? Probably not, but it is well worth saving and improving which cannot be done
with itinerant accusations and overt rebellion.

Sure I'm smoking something.. or are you smoking something or just too dumb to realize what went on in history. Which is it? Either way you have a right to block out whatever you want to in history just as I have a right to acknowledge what went on. Done with this thread ...
I'm not saying we're a perfect nation or perfect people, I'm simply asking you to tell us who has done it better? I contend we live in the greatest country on earth warts and all.

Got work to do, let's make it quick. Slavery was/is wrong. Discrimination based on skin color/nationality is wrong. Many sins in the past of our country and its social and economic programs. However, most of the economic/social programs of today are wrong as well. Some things need change, others don't. We should be striving for equality, not reverse discrimination or special treatment. I fear we're getting away from the self made man/woman to the sit on the ass with the hand out God knows what.

So I will practice what I preach and get back to work on my junk.

Fact will always trump opinion based on conjecture. Therefore one would hope some effort would be made by the offended to
actually research the records of our founding fathers and the serious commitment made by them to found a nation, under God,
with liberty and justice for all. Is it a perfect union? Probably not, but it is well worth saving and improving which cannot be done
with itinerant accusations and overt rebellion.
Listen to this Democrat, this was one smart cookie and an American! I would have voted for this lady as POTUS. This is someone to be held in high esteem in my book, she didn't cry victim she strove for Victory.
Her policy on immigration sounds a lot like the last resident of the White House.

CB> Sadly, while still appropriate, Barbara Jordan's comments are 25 years out. I would pray there would be a current member of the
same or similar committee with the same view and eloquence of presentation. I do appreciate it when yourself and others put a
bit of meat in the broth to add some substance to the menu... LVR

CB> Sadly, while still appropriate, Barbara Jordan's comments are 25 years out. I would pray there would be a current member of the
same or similar committee with the same view and eloquence of presentation. I do appreciate it when yourself and others put a
bit of meat in the broth to add some substance to the menu... LVR
Representative Jordan would be a Republican today. One thing you could count on she would have stayed true to her principals. Always admired her, followed her political career from Austin to DC and back.
I was her type Democrat for years.

The pilgrims did not come here for greed or dishonesty.... they came to get away from the persecution they were experiencing. They had rigid views of their own, and were unfair to others that disagreed with them or they thought were different... "witches being burned in Salem".... There were slaves and such back with the original native americans.... slaves in any country that conquerors came in and overtook the existing populations....I can not say what it was like to be a slave, but I cannot go back and change the past.... I can only try to make it better from here forward.... and it has to be done at the grass roots level.....and I will not erase the past to fit a whitewashed narrative because people did what they truly believed in at their particular time and place.... Right or wrong in the eyes of others.

I had relatives that were in the Salem area.... and a few were probably among those that were persecuted....some of my family came across on the Mayflower and ensuing voyages shortly there after.... founding settlers in Conn....
Are you kin to any witches that are active today that you know about?

@Ryder ; Don't keep up with much family nowadays. I am the "black sheep" ... moving south and being a "farmer".... doesn't fit the mindset of the main group of family of achieving more as far as financial gains etc..... they've all gotten away from the "down to earth" types... and the founding side was my mom's and lost touch with most all them years ago.
Don't care much about the witches of today.... my dad's side has some Mohawk, and I always leaned towards that part of my heritage, but they never encouraged it much, and I have decided to just be who I am and what I am comfortable with. No one to carry on my branch because son never married and no kids of his own, sisters 2 kids have no interest in anything "natural or earthy" .... one brother has 1 daughter getting married this year in her 30's.... don't see kids there and other brother's daughter died at 18 from a rare infection, and son is incarcerated and will never get out I hear. Have had no contact with him in years....
Sad situation... but it is what it is.

My point of all that was that there have always been conquerors and the conquered...there have been slaves of different races all throughout history.... and at the time, people fought for, and died for, what they believed in and what they understood.... and right for them is not necessarily right for today.... but it does not diminish that many who did what they did was because they believed that it was what was best for them and for their loved ones.

I am not saying slavery was right, I am not saying burning "suspected witches" was right.... but except for the ones that were trying to cruelly put people down, most did what they truly thought was right for themselves and those they were close to and responsible for.

I will be but a few words on a page of some forgotten record one day. I hope that I will have made a small contribution to the betterment of the land.

hmmm, he broke the law by handling a gun and committed a hate crime on Asians.... not very woke. :)
I about fell over😂😂😂
Anywho, i just "love" it when others try to put a modern day mindset over 17th-19th ideology and that somehow means i am now responsible for what a bunch old white men did centuries ago but the countries on the other side of the south Atlantic who participated in the original trade gets a pass.
Just because this country has committed sins does not mean i am know responsible to pay for your Escalade and your three daily trips to macdonalds.

Latest posts