Is it just me or what?!?

Help Support CattleToday:

TR

Reaction score
I have to wonder sometimes how I made it to the ripe old age of 40.....I just saw a news story where Alief ISD (a school district in the Houston area) is being sued for not having handwashing facilities or restrooms out at their FFA barn..........Good Lord, people! I was "stall broke" before I even knew that barns came with bathrooms, and what's wrong with a hose for washing your hands?!? That's if you're lucky enough to have running water out at the barn, and by the looks of that particular barn, they have running water...........Jeez....when I was in FFA, we didn't even have a "barn". We had what we called "The pens", which was a section of some 'ol guy's dirt yard that he let us students keep our projects on....a barn? People never cease to amaze me........I have to laugh at the school district's response when confronted with this "dilema" though.....they said, "Its a barn!" ............Zaaaaaaaactly..............

Things that we saw as pranks when I was a kid will now end you up in jail, suspened from school or who knows what all. Setting fire to the neighbors swamp was a popular event back then. Now you would be classed as an arsonists and probably be in prison.

dun

My grandson could set them straight about barns -- even at 3 he knows that "barn" means hose for handwashing.
He loves the fact that it's OKAY to P in the barn -- diary barn, no problem if a little boy P's in the gutter, his few drops don't have much effect on the gallons the cows put there.
Not quite so easy for females though! Long walk back to house!

I was one of those girls that wanted to take Ag/Animal Husbandry classes and join FFA while in High School -- but we were forbidden.
In the 70's, it wasn't considered "proper" for a young girl to be in a class with young boys, while learning about animal reproduction. The main problem at our school though was that Mr Pugh himself didn't feel comfortable teaching girls.
I've always felt that if I had been allowed to take the Ag/Animal Husbandry classes in High School, I would likely have went on to be a vet.
Today, a young girl (and her family) would have legal recourse against a school that blocked classes due to her gender.

Ann B

Things that we saw as pranks when I was a kid will now end you up in jail, suspened from school or who knows what all. Setting fire to the neighbors swamp was a popular event back then. Now you would be classed as an arsonists and probably be in prison.

dun

Like they time my "uncles" ran a steer up on top of the school on night. Boy was the superintendent mad about that. Or the time they loked 3 cows in the school gym one night.

dun":3cw7xoo1 said:
Things that we saw as pranks when I was a kid will now end you up in jail, suspened from school or who knows what all. Now you would be classed as an arsonists and probably be in prison. dun

Boy is that ever the truth.

Craig-TX

dun":2zrmtgol said:

dun

Put a bull in the principle's office overnight once my sophmore year. Easy gettin' him in.........................not so easy comin' out! he hee

Had to re-teach a three year old Godchild that p'ing outside was o.k. I called it "country P." She did fine camping and around the barn. Worked great till one day her mother saw her p'ing in the front yard at thier house. While neighbors looked on laughing, her mother yelled and the child as calmly said.... ' I country P.' :shock: These days it would probably offend a neighbor and they'd turn the mother in.

My parents taught us to go outside and we're all girls. i'm teaching my daughter, she's 3. that's the only way to to when your hunting and stuff. i went to high school with some girls that would wait until they found a bathroom before they would go. they had some awesome bladders. :lol:

That's one of the reasons I like to live way back from the road and neighbors.
When we got married my wife, raised as a city girl, would hang on until we get to the house. Didn't take long to resolve that problem. A bush is alwasy a luxury she enjoys, but after this long, she's as likely to just hunker where ever she is when the urge strikes.

dun

cowgirl580":qvu40mfe said:
i went to high school with some girls that would wait until they found a bathroom before they would go. they had some awesome bladders. :lol:

Did you know that it's a proven fact that the reason so many women in their 40's and 50's have trouble with incontinence is because they scarred their bladders by "holding it" for too long when young!!

Ann B

Did you know that it's a proven fact that the reason so many women in their 40's and 50's have trouble with incontinence is because they scarred their bladders by "holding it" for too long when young!!

Ann B

Gee wiz and here I'd been thinking it was having lots of babies that cause it. Guess I wou't have to worry about bladder incontinence cause we were taught to "pot a squat". When you gotta go you gotta go!

yeah, i thought kids caused it too. course i had heard that holding it so much as a youngun will cause it, but.... who knows. they have all sorts of explanation for anything. kinda like eggs are bad for ya. doctors! :p who needs 'em :D

Latest posts