Is it impossible??

Help Support CattleToday:

Ellie May

Reaction score
Howdy,
Somebody told me it would be impossible for me to get inot barrel racing. They said if I did it would be like Seabiscuit or Smarty Jones. How tall can you be? And does anybody know a tall barrel racer? On acount I'm almost 6 foot tall & my horse is 12 & she has never done barrels in her life. Just thought I'd try, what do ya'll think??
Ellie May

I think that you can do anything that you set your heart to!!
I've never paid much attention to the heights of the girls barrel racing , I've seen some mighty round one's :)
Generally speaking bull riders are short ,saddle bronc riders seem to be taller. These are just my observations.

Good luck!!!!

Ellie May":12pdzb4m said:
Howdy,
Somebody told me it would be impossible for me to get inot barrel racing. They said if I did it would be like Seabiscuit or Smarty Jones. How tall can you be? And does anybody know a tall barrel racer? On acount I'm almost 6 foot tall & my horse is 12 & she has never done barrels in her life. Just thought I'd try, what do ya'll think??
Ellie May
Ellie May,
You can do anything that you set your mind to do.
Keep it up gal, and best of luck to you!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :)

Ellie May:

I am 5 ft. 9 in. and have never had a problem racing. As long as your horse is stout, in good health and has the will to run its heart out for you then GO FOR IT GIRL!!!!!!

Ellie girl,
I'm almost 5'11" and used to chase cans when I was footloose and fancy free. You don't necessarily need a big horse to carry you (unless you're a stout person)... just one with a big heart. Have fun kiddo! Don't forget to make your pockets and always look ahead to next barrel.

Take care.

Latest posts