Is anyone paying attention to the Senate discussing the 1.9 Trillion Covid Relief Plan?

Help Support CattleToday:

Less than 10 percent will go toward Covid relief. This after over 4 trillion was spent last year. There are plenty of things in this bill that will make a conservative's blood boil! If you live in a Democrat or RINO Senator state, you may want to email or call your senators office today! I will continue to pray for our country.

Bull hockey. More like 85%.

With electronic deposit, the inflation can soar without the extra green ink and special paper. When the warm and fuzzy turns into a sinking economy the honeymoon will be over. Every generation has to learn the same lesson.

If half of society, including schools, function without being "in place" why can't congress and senate work from their home location? It would force them to know more about what their constituents want and less influence how fellow members vote, and they would not be around to be bought off by lobbyist.

If half of society, including schools, function without being "in place" why can't congress and senate work from their home location? It would force them to know more about what their constituents want and less influence how fellow members vote, and they would not be around to be bought off by lobbyist.
I somehow think they would still isolate from their constituents, and still have direct lines of communication to their colleagues and lobbyists.

One of the things that really gets under my skin is the 120% USDA loan forgiveness for black & other minorities. I just don't understand how you can have a government loan forgiveness based solely on your skin color. Can you say Discrimination!

My great-grandpa was a farmer. He had to drop out of school around the 3rd grade. I suspect that he didn't get much schooling in those 3 years in rural Louisiana because he never learned to read or write. His children had a little more education but didn't finish grade school as they had to pick cotton to help feed the family. He never owned land he farmed on leased land & barely scraped by. Poverty continued in our family for another 2 generations.

When I married my husband in 1981, we had $135.00 saved between us. It has taken 40 years to save, buy & build a small ranch. However, we are white & not considered disadvantaged. Interesting!
Don't know many black farmers now..50+years ago we had several around here....they don't see it,but the farming playing field is pretty much leveled, for all of us..aleast the one that don't milk the government..

Who checked the "fact checkers "?
Got to remember figures don't lie but liars figure.

Read the article, they took the numbers right out of the bill and calculated percentages based on it's current state, which may change as it passes through the senate.

A break down:
15%, foreign affairs.
8.5%, vaccines and testing
22%, $1400 stimulus
13%, extended unemployment benefits
27%, local governments and schools
12%, for "misc" essentially, COBRA, school lunches, ACA subsidies.

Read the article, they took the numbers right out of the bill and calculated percentages based on it's current state, which may change as it passes through the senate.

A break down:
15%, foreign affairs.
8.5%, vaccines and testing
22%, $1400 stimulus
13%, extended unemployment benefits
27%, local governments and schools
12%, for "misc" essentially, COBRA, school lunches, ACA subsidies.
where is all the money we are giving to foreign countries. Don't see it in your example and it is in there

where is all the money we are giving to foreign countries. Don't see it in your example and it is in there

It's the first bullet, 15% foreign affairs.

I never said it wasn't there, just pointing out that way more than 9% is actually going to Covid relief.

H.R. 1 make it clear that the primary intent of the bill is to replay the "only because it's a COVID emergency" voting changes from 2020 – and expand upon them nationwide.
One of the biggest changes would be the legalization of a process called "ballot harvesting."
Democrats want to eliminate many election safeguards in the name of "increasing access" and federalize elections in a way that is contrary to constitutional intent. Voter ID requirements would be decimated. H.R. 1 would give anyone the right to show up on Election Day and, without providing a photo ID, sign an "attestation" and vote.
Automatic voter registration would also be enacted. That means anyone who goes to the DMV, uses food stamps, or attends community or state college would be enrolled as a voter. Some noncitizens would also likely be enrolled in error, as it leaves it up to individuals to attest their eligibility.
The list goes on and on... Universal mail ballots would be sent out to everyone on the voter rolls, and they wouldn't be systematically purged of people who have moved out of state. Ballots could arrive and be counted long after Election Day. Early voting would be expanded. Felons would have voting rights restored upon release from prison.

It's not hard to see the pattern here...
If H.R. 1 becomes law, it could further hurt election integrity and confidence, and could rapidly turn America into a de facto one-party state where the losers no longer have faith that the system is fair or worth preserving.

Latest posts