Is a 1977 El Camino a cool car?

Help Support CattleToday:

Is a 1977 El Camino a cool car?

• Yes

Votes: 15 57.7%
  • No

Votes: 11 42.3%

• Total voters
The guy wanted 8 grand for the car. No way, she really does need something more practical.

dun":12mkvb1r said:
MistyMorning":12mkvb1r said:
Thanks for the responses folks, it appears this car would be somewhat cool by the responses so far, sooooo my tactic is to tell her it is way neat and she should get it. :D Thereby making her think it is not hot and she should not get it, :D get it? :D
Yeah, reverse psycology on a kid. If it works she's more gullible then her mother

Gullible? I don't know how you could even post that unless you are refering to that "oceanfront property" in AZ that I picked up for a song........

MistyMorning":1xlm5qpu said:
The guy wanted 8 grand for the car. No way, she really does need something more practical.

dun":1xlm5qpu said:
MistyMorning":1xlm5qpu said:
Thanks for the responses folks, it appears this car would be somewhat cool by the responses so far, sooooo my tactic is to tell her it is way neat and she should get it. :D Thereby making her think it is not hot and she should not get it, :D get it? :D
Yeah, reverse psycology on a kid. If it works she's more gullible then her mother

Gullible? I don't know how you could even post that unless you are refering to that "oceanfront property" in AZ that I picked up for a song........
he's about 7500.00 tall on it

IMO the El Camino is another "Detroit" travesty [Like the Edsel, PT Cruiser, AMC Gremlin, Nash Metropolitan, and the list goes on and on].

The El Camino is for those "Pocket Protector Geeks" that can't decide if they want a car or a truck.

My dad had one...still consider it a nutty vehicle...to each his/her own, I guess...

:lol:

alacattleman":3cdf0ypa said:
im a chevy man,, years ago i thought i had to have a el camino,,, hated it... most unpractical vehicle i ever owned, but im sure she aint looking at that aspect.. 77 not really that cool they quit making chevelle/ el caminos after 1970 in my mind

Dad had a 79 elcamino 350 auto air. Nice old ride. Fast too. I would think it would be safer than a little car with no frame. At least it has a full frame under it and more metal than two of todays cars. It doest have abs, an airbag and all that but it will have seatbelts. Realitively easy to work on and parts are available. I say yea cool car.Would I let my daughter drive it ( yes I think)

MO_cows":tanij59o said:
My stepdad restored a 1950-something Ford pickup for my younger sister when she started driving. 3 on the tree, no power steering, no power brakes, no power period. She hated that ol' truck with a blue and purple passion but she would never hurt her daddy's feelings and tell him that because he put so much work into it. The high school boys thought it was the coolest thing ever. I think the engine gave up and she was ECSTATIC to get some little 4 banger Ford car.

She surely needs her head examined, a small car vs a classic-someday she will understand.

GMN

GMN":2p5vg26y said:
MO_cows":2p5vg26y said:
My stepdad restored a 1950-something Ford pickup for my younger sister when she started driving. 3 on the tree, no power steering, no power brakes, no power period. She hated that ol' truck with a blue and purple passion but she would never hurt her daddy's feelings and tell him that because he put so much work into it. The high school boys thought it was the coolest thing ever. I think the engine gave up and she was ECSTATIC to get some little 4 banger Ford car.

She surely needs her head examined, a small car vs a classic-someday she will understand.

GMN

The classics are over-rated except in sentiment. I had a '65 Mustang 289 4bbl 4spd. I loved it and I'd love to have it back but it would only get driven in parades. The brakes were terrible, the seats were cheap and it needed lots of TLC.
The Toyota Corolla my daughter started with was a far better vehicle in every way except styling. I doubt anyone will collect Corollas, however.

GMN":39tfj9ok said:
MO_cows":39tfj9ok said:

GMN

She "got it" back then, that's why she gave her Daddy a big hug and a smile and dutifully drove it to school every day. But for a skinny 16 year old girl, it was hard work to drive it, no fun at all. So when the ol' truck motor gave it up and she got a faster accelerating, better braking, easy steering modern car, that got triple the gas mileage and didn't take her whole income to keep gas in it, she was on cloud nine.

cfpinz":rzr9bqte said:
For a teenager, I'd steer clear of anything that old

Unless that teen knows how to work on an engine..and I mean WORK on an engine,not just how to change a sparkplug...

BC