Irma

Help Support CattleToday:

Yeah, I know, Ala. Took her about 4 hrs to get from Pensacola to Mobile yesterday, but I don't want her trying to drive here by herself. I'm hoping, if I go, that traffic on 20 isn't as heavy....

1982vett":k8mheypb said:
CottageFarm":k8mheypb said:
1982vett":k8mheypb said:
Ummmm,...everyone from Texas to Florida better start watching a little closer. ;-)

Anybody got any good projections for Mobile? Havent really had any luck with that so far. My Mom evacuated from the panhandle to Mobile, but now Im thinking about going to get her out of there as well. figure I need to make that decision sooner rather than later.
Right now they predict it going east of Tallahassee about 2 days out, 250 miles east of Mobile.

All of Florida is going to be on the nasty side with that forecast.
Not good for those people.

CottageFarm":3l5gqo2v said:
1982vett":3l5gqo2v said:
Ummmm,...everyone from Texas to Florida better start watching a little closer. ;-)

Anybody got any good projections for Mobile? Havent really had any luck with that so far. My Mom evacuated from the panhandle to Mobile, but now Im thinking about going to get her out of there as well. figure I need to make that decision sooner rather than later.
As of now, they are not even giving us a chance of rain. Im in South Mobile close to Dauphin Island. Where is she? Hotel..House? She should be good.

CottageFarm":19ws3m74 said:
Thanks, ZK. She's at my sister's at the North end. N. Of Tanner Williams
Plenty far enough away from coast. She will be fine there.

1982vett":2bhu1i27 said:
CottageFarm":2bhu1i27 said:
1982vett":2bhu1i27 said:

Right now they predict it going east of Tallahassee about 2 days out, 250 miles east of Mobile.

This should be lovely. :bang:

Jo the next five days are going to be HeII for a lot of people in several states.
Just pray for a miss floods and tornadoes are not fun for anyone.

Caustic Burno":2i12anaa said:
Jo the next five days are going to be HeII for a lot of people in several states.
Just pray for a miss floods and tornadoes are not fun for anyone.

I'd pray it shifted over a little more to the west but that would be a selfish prayer. As it is, it looks like we are going to get the brunt of it. The good thing is a cool front came in a few days ago and I think this should diminish the chance of tornadoes inside this monster. I think I'll keep my prayers directed at it just losing steam but it will be what it will be because this is out of our hands.

right over my head.....its comin...and its comin hard....every missile I could find in the yard I picked up. this big huge storm is gonna be parked over us for hrs..400 mi across at 10 mph...that math sucks. the flood isn't an issue for us..the wind blowing at 110 mph for 5-6 hrs and then changing direction is the issue here..lots of trees and open spaces..some people boarded up..some didn't..i didn't..been thru a cat 4 130 mph winds in 04..figured f this one but its twice the diameter and that's the real problem here....its huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge

dieselbeef":2pjmkhr0 said:
right over my head.....its comin...and its comin hard....every missile I could find in the yard I picked up. this big huge storm is gonna be parked over us for hrs..400 mi across at 10 mph...that math sucks. the flood isn't an issue for us..the wind blowing at 110 mph for 5-6 hrs and then changing direction is the issue here..lots of trees and open spaces..some people boarded up..some didn't..i didn't..been thru a cat 4 130 mph winds in 04..figured f this one but its twice the diameter and that's the real problem here....its huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge

The storm center is still 20 hours from you, good luck.

dieselbeef":3ayfo90u said:

Sounds to me like you think it's "duck soup", been there done that, prepper ready, it's the way we live....

Don't let your attitude overcome good judgement. Do what you have to to be safe. Once you're in the turmoil it's too late to change your mind.

oh I am def concerned. but I am prepared as I can be. this will be a landscape changing event. things will happen. no doubt

I drove back from Beaumont TX yesterday traffic heading west was wicked going east toward Florida not bad at all. This storm is so big if you live in Florida your going to feel it. Prayers for all those in this bad girls path.

Gizmom

gizmom":3208uzve said:
I drove back from Beaumont TX yesterday traffic heading west was wicked going east toward Florida not bad at all. This storm is so big if you live in Florida your going to feel it. Prayers for all those in this bad girls path.

Gizmom

Traveling from one path of destruction to another, neither a good place to play right now.
Thanks and stay safe.

I went and picked up my mom yesterday..bout 80 mi north of here..was hardly a car on the road..weather was good. I went north on 75 and 275 and I could count the carsin either direction. most of the backroads to the interstate had only a cpl cars on em...people bailed early..gas was easy to find...was happy for that anyways...
gonna be a long night