Irish Blacks

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsideacres

Reaction score
I have been researching the Irish Blacks breed, and was wondering if anyone has had or knows of someone with personal experience with this breed. The main question I have is, are they what the Irishblacks.com web site says they are. Thanks

I've done that, but no one has given any personal experience in raising them. Just wondering if anyone has actually raised them and found the claims of the website to be true.

I seriously doubt it. Most breed websites lead you to believe they will eat all the sticks that fall from trees and clean up your thistles and all grade prime in 9 months.

hillsideacres":w2ln15yx said:
I've done that, but no one has given any personal experience in raising them. Just wondering if anyone has actually raised them and found the claims of the website to be true.

Actually MOST of it is true. Especially the carcass info. As far as how many cows one of their bulls will breed. I only know one fella who is running them and they are on very rough country so his bull to cow ratio is higher than it would be on flat ground.

Latest posts