iPhone tech problem

Help Support CattleToday:

Ouachita

Reaction score
Ok this is embarrassing. People are getting emails from me (my hotmail address) that I am not sending. This started Thursday night. I had an unplanned stop for the night in Harrison AR on my way back from Saint Louis on Wednesday night. We stayed at the Skanky 8. I tried to use their wifi and it was acting weird. It said I was on the wifi, but I couldn't get my phone to do anything Internet. So after about 5 minutes I disabled wifi and just used 3G. Is it possible my phone was molested? What should I do?

I do not know but could it be you did an auto forward? I know a colleague who accidentally did an automatic forwardof iPhone calls to a client's number and everyone trying to contact her was calling another client. Needless to say no one was happy..

Somebody could have hacked your email account. I would reset the password for your hotmail account. Not sure how many contacts you have, but might be worthwhile to let them know if they get any strange emails from you to delete them.

Jalopy":cnzlhg1h said:
I do not know but could it be you did an auto forward? I know a colleague who accidentally did an automatic forwardof iPhone calls to a client's number and everyone trying to contact her was calling another client. Needless to say no one was happy..
I'm not tech savvy. Don't know what auto forward is but how would I check to make sure I didn't accidentally do something?

A.J.":ok2lmzgj said:
Somebody could have hacked your email account. I would reset the password for your hotmail account. Not sure how many contacts you have, but might be worthwhile to let them know if they get any strange emails from you to delete them.
This makes the most sense. I don't even remember what my password is, but when my wife gets home I bet she can help.
As far as I know only 2 emails have been sent, that I did not send. One was to a link offering information on how to lose weight. That went over like turd in a punch bowl. The other was something funny, but I haven't received a reply back yet about what was so funny

If those emails have links and they are opened, probably some nasty software got downloaded. Change the password, and advise your friends to change theirs also. Do a virus scan on computer first as it is probably a key stroke capture program. Been there, had it.

A.J.":1vpt8tic said:
That would be my first suspicion also. Change your password and through in some upper case and numbers for good measure. Had it happen to my agserver account, Here's what Macn suggested:

Please use at least a 12 digit password that has upper and lower case letters and numbers in it. They are using a password cracker to discover email passwords.

Well I have 3 email accounts.......
1) is the email I use for my business and has not been affected by this (yet, that I know of)
2) is an old gmail address that was for previous business venture, but not used for 10 months, and so far appears not affected by this (again, so far not noticed any problems)
3) is my hotmail address, which is only used for personal things. The only contacts in this hotmail account are close family (only 3 or 4 people), Cattle Today, NOAA weather NOTAMS, and one other forum reply notification.
That's it. My hotmail did get hacked. So far I've only heard back from 2 people (via email) that had received emails that I did not send. I haven't spoken to nor emailed these 2 people in over a year.
Unfortunately, one of them is a fat chic and she got a link to a diet program. Makes me look like an inconsiderate piece of crap. The other one just said I was funny; whatever that means.

I have my wife working on it now, but she says its difficult to delete an email account. We are trying to handle this situation, but we only have our iPhones with us. I don't know what the difference is, but it would be nice to sit in front of a real computer. This sucks.