Investment people.. Have you been following the GME kerfuffle?

Help Support CattleToday:

Certainly there is a lot of self dealing in both the stock market and the sales barn. I think the internet trading technology is enabling the current stock market volatility. Makes the good old buy and hold strategy seem quaint.

The big question is how our zero real interest rate experiment plays out?

............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Last edited:
Certainly there is a lot of self dealing in both the stock market and the sales barn.

............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
You should research what Big Milk (ie Dean Foods) and the Cooperatives (DFA etc) did to the dairy farmers back in the 1990's- 2010's. It was criminal how much money the big whigs that were supposed to be representing the farmer were making off the backs of the farmers and barely paying them enough to survive.

It's been a ride. I sold half today, can't complain about a 350% gain. I suspect a lot of people that got in at $300+ are going to be bag holders.

It's starting to look like the hedge funds may have quietly covered many of their positions last week during the Robinhood fiasco. Float is sitting at ~50% right now, most of which is suspected to be new shorts that were placed when the price peaked, but nobody really knows.

If the brokers hadn't folded on Thursday, I think this thing really could have gotten crazy.

You have to wonder why the hedge funds would tell us that they closed. There is also the millions in GME calls placed today at $800, and the whole silver distraction. Kind of makes you think that they are still getting pinched.

The WSB sub is really swirling the bowl. It's turned into an echo chamber, posts that contain any semblance of reasoning or a differing view is immediately downvoted into oblivion.

Reddit really isn't a place for any deep discussion for sure, like twitter, facebook, etc...

The brokers didn't directly shut down trading on it, the clearing houses demanded 100% payment for stock immediately, which the brokers couldn't do... Considering that Robinhood is affiliated with Citadel, I think this warrants an investigation since it certainly worked in the hedge funds favor to the tune of billions.

Looks like there may be a round two.

There's been more evidence of hedge funds shorting ETFs that contain GME, and that the actual short float may have been misreported. All pointing towards the hedge funds still being in trouble.

I bought back in, 14 shares at $48, it's sitting at $170 right now. Let's hope it gets wild again.

I know a man quit well they had a theory. It went like this......He claimed he never lost money on cattle, because every time he sold cattle he bought more cattle. He was convinced that his plan would work. He filed bankruptcy for the second time in his life 3 years ago. Cattle broke him both times. Not pertinent to the discussion, but somehow seems applicable in my mind.

I know a man quit well they had a theory. It went like this......He claimed he never lost money on cattle, because every time he sold cattle he bought more cattle. He was convinced that his plan would work. He filed bankruptcy for the second time in his life 3 years ago. Cattle broke him both times. Not pertinent to the discussion, but somehow seems applicable in my mind.

So what you're saying is, sell the cows and buy more GME?

Latest posts