Interstate Closings

Help Support CattleToday:

slick4591

Reaction score
Leaving for Michigan tonight to pick up the bull. It looks like my best route is I-40 thru Memphis, then north on I-55. I've been checking and haven't found anything closed. Thought I just check with yawl before heading out. Know of anything?

slick4591":zi2q7v7z said:
Leaving for Michigan tonight to pick up the bull. It looks like my best route is I-40 thru Memphis, then north on I-55. I've been checking and haven't found anything closed. Thought I just check with yawl before heading out. Know of anything?
I don't know if that is a good route or not
with all the flooding
40 was closed east and west east fo Little rock
river isn't supposed to crest at Memphis til tomorrow
you might be better off taking 44 to St Louis and then catching 55

where you at in Texas

Kingfisher":2bt8rdsb said:
Must be some bull............:)

I think so.

I'm NE of Dallas. I can go thru OK but there's a lot of small towns to slow me down on 69. At Joplin I can hit 44 to St. Louis. Thanks, I was afraid there was something closed and hadn't heard of. So much for Google being up to date.

slick4591":3k3zh9y7 said:
Kingfisher":3k3zh9y7 said:

I think so.

I'm NE of Dallas. I can go thru OK but there's a lot of small towns to slow me down on 69. At Joplin I can hit 44 to St. Louis. Thanks, I was afraid there was something closed and hadn't heard of. So much for Google being up to date.
actually you hit 44 at Big Cabin
it is right at 4 1/2 hrs from Dallas to Joplin and about 4 1/2 from Joplin to St Louis

I have made the trip from 20 miles east of Springfield to Dallas more times than I can count started when I was about 2 yrs old
then when I was in my late teens I made that trip almost every weekend get off work on friday nite and head to dallas and then leave Dallas about midnite sunday nite/monday morning and be to work first thing monday morning
man I wish I still had all the money I spent on fuel on thise trips

Angus Cowman":2mwogr8b said:
slick4591":2mwogr8b said:
Kingfisher":2mwogr8b said:

I think so.

actually you hit 44 at Big Cabin
it is right at 4 1/2 hrs from Dallas to Joplin and about 4 1/2 from Joplin to St Louis

I have made the trip from 20 miles east of Springfield to Dallas more times than I can count started when I was about 2 yrs old
then when I was in my late teens I made that trip almost every weekend get off work on friday nite and head to dallas and then leave Dallas about midnite sunday nite/monday morning and be to work first thing monday morning
man I wish I still had all the money I spent on fuel on thise trips
I remember an old country song. "Gas is thirty cents a gallon, and love is sixty miles away"

Wished I'd known about 40 before I left. Anyway, went up 69 to 44 and had a long (20 hrs including stops) but safe trip. Bull is home and running the fence. He'll settle down in a day or two.