Internet

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
Has been life changing for us out here in the wood's.
I don't like everything about it, but sure save's a bundle of cash.
No more driving 60 mile's to renew your driver's license. This was a true pain as the local office was only open two day's a week.
No more driving 100's of mile's to get tractor,mule, baler, etc part's.
If you needed a Massey Part that used involved driving to Highland's or Beaumont both 120 miles round trip, the day was shot by the time you got home.
No more driving all over the country Christmas shopping. This had become the most dreaded holiday in trying to find stuff the grandkid's wanted, no problem's anymore.
Order Vet supplies to the door.
The list goes on and on.
Have became great friend's with UPS FedEx driver's they are even on the Christmas list.

CB neglected to mention all of the money that you win in things you haven;t even mentioned. Just this week I was notified that a bank in Eneland was holding a cash depoeist for me to the tune of 11.5 million pounds. All I had to do to collect was send them all of my banking informaiton and it would be transferred. Since I don;t even know all of the answeres to the information they wanted I decided to pass on it this time. Maybe the next time I win a lottery I'll send the information they want

Having access to conservative views on issues. These are often not represented in the media.

How could a drive to Highlands ever be considered a waste CB? (the tractor dealer is (was?) at the corner of Main and Wallisville--the only redlight in town for years.) My Dad's shop and our house was at Main and Jones--I lived there from '56 to '68. The only good place to eat was Cedar Inn which was right across Wallisville from Highland Tractor--but it burned down a few years ago--maybe 2008. Everything a young guy could get into, I did in big Highlands, which all the folks in Baytown called cowtown. Rode an elephant in front of B&C grocery store--rode bulls at Double Trouble rodeo arena--learned the wily ways of young ladies in the seat of a car out on a dirt road off west Wallisville :shock: Good times-but it's all changed now. I went to thier annual fair and parade called the Highlands Jamboree last Oct--it was "ok" but not the big deal it was when I was a kid.

greybeard":bv5s28h3 said:
How could a drive to Highlands ever be considered a waste CB? (the tractor dealer is (was?) at the corner of Main and Wallisville--the only redlight in town for years.) My Dad's shop and our house was at Main and Jones--I lived there from '56 to '68. The only good place to eat was Cedar Inn which was right across Wallisville from Highland Tractor--but it burned down a few years ago--maybe 2008. Everything a young guy could get into, I did in big Highlands, which all the folks in Baytown called cowtown. Rode an elephant in front of B&C grocery store--rode bulls at Double Trouble rodeo arena--learned the wily ways of young ladies in the seat of a car out on a dirt road off west Wallisville :shock: Good times-but it's all changed now. I went to thier annual fair and parade called the Highlands Jamboree last Oct--it was "ok" but not the big deal it was when I was a kid.

I still go to Highland's pretty regular as my best friend live's there.
I spent a many a day in Barber's Hill hunting in the Old and Lost River bottom.
Great Uncle lived there was an oil field contractor during the Goose Creek, Barber's Hill boom.
I have no clue how much land he owned.

So much can go wrong - cyberattacks, cybersecurity, cyberwarfare...it would be a disaster :shock:

alisonb":2bwwdd4h said:
So much can go wrong - cyberattacks, cybersecurity, cyberwarfare...it would be a disaster :shock:

Don't know about S. Africa but here our government passed laws making things like this illegal.

CB you hit this 1 right on the head.the last tractor we bought we got off the internet an payed for it when it was delivered.saved us alot of time an gas.

We're buying things cheaper than ever but you have to wait for it to be shipped. Between the internet and the big stores they have run all the small town specialty stores out of business. I don't know whether it's good or bad but I do know it's here to stay.

Larry

It sure helps when you need something out of the way or some odd ball part or tool. Lots of info too. Lots of bad stuff as well.

Makes it easier to sell too. We had a couple of vintage John Deer tractors & advertised them on an antique tractor site. One went to South Dakota. Sure surprised me.

hillsdown":2n6fzvuf said:
Jogeephus":2n6fzvuf said:
alisonb":2n6fzvuf said:

Don't know about S. Africa but here our government passed laws making things like this illegal.

Yup and the system is flawless .

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/right-cl ... 54167.html

About like our laws that prevent criminals from possessing weapons. But it sure makes congress feel good when they pass one of these laws.

Internet has been a big life changer for me too. We have not had television for going on 17 years now, so all of the news I got was whatever the local radio station had, and local newspapers. When I learned I could read real news on the internet, I got wireless for the house. Weather info alone is worth it.
It's also nice to have when I can't sleep. I used to close my eyes and blindly pick out an encyclopedia and start reading. Now I blindly go to an internet forum :D

Ouachita":owiiae41 said:
It's also nice to have when I can't sleep. I used to close my eyes and blindly pick out an encyclopedia and start reading. Now I blindly go to an internet forum :D
More educational as well... at least this way you know that every single peice of information you can absorb is the absolute truth. :D

cow pollinater":6jxq0bmc said:
Ouachita":6jxq0bmc said:
More educational as well... at least this way you know that every single peice of information you can absorb is the absolute truth. :D
Uh--Bon Jour

Latest posts