Internet explorer

Help Support CattleToday:

Calman

Reaction score
I'm not by no means a computer smart person.
I've had a computer in my home since 1995, and have upgraded about every two years and still don't know too much about one.I've always said they are like teenagers you can tell them to do something but they seem to have a mind of their own,and do what they want anyhow. Nothing against you youngins on here,I was young several years ago.

Anyhow my computer kept getting slower and slower when trying to get online.I would run virus scan,Disk clean up,Disk defragmenter,and restore and nothing helped.Called AT&T DSL until they knew me by first name.
About the time I was ready to get the cutting torch to it my youngest son stopped by and saved it.
He downloaded Mozilla Firefox and deleted everything in it that had to do with Internet Explorer.
It now works lightning quick and like it's supposed to.Now all I have to do is get used to firefox.
I really think I'm going to like it though.
Just wondering how many of ya'll use firefox,and how you like it.

Cal

I had the same problems. And like you had to get my son involved. He left Internet Explorer on at my insistance as I am not about to try and figure out how to use something else. I am to set in my ways. Just cleaned up everything and it works fine now. The biggest problem was all the crap that had been downloaded and was not being used. Grandkids are no longer allowed to download games etc. Just to much clutter to sort through and an open invite for problems.

I have been using Firefox for about six years, maybe a few more and it is sooo much easier to deal with and I have not missed Internet Explorer one bit. My computer experience sounds to be about level with yours.. ;-)

Calman":m92lt4h6 said:
I'm not by no means a computer smart person.
I've had a computer in my home since 1995, and have upgraded about every two years and still don't know too much about one.I've always said they are like teenagers you can tell them to do something but they seem to have a mind of their own,and do what they want anyhow. Nothing against you youngins on here,I was young several years ago.

Anyhow my computer kept getting slower and slower when trying to get online.I would run virus scan,Disk clean up,Disk defragmenter,and restore and nothing helped.Called AT&T DSL until they knew me by first name.
About the time I was ready to get the cutting torch to it my youngest son stopped by and saved it.
He downloaded Mozilla Firefox and deleted everything in it that had to do with Internet Explorer.
It now works lightning quick and like it's supposed to.Now all I have to do is get used to firefox.
I really think I'm going to like it though.
Just wondering how many of ya'll use firefox,and how you like it.

Cal

That is why I call it and renamed the icon on my desktop INTERNET EXPLODER!

Was having the same trouble. Switched to Firefox today. MUCH MUCH faster and no more waiting forever to get the page to come up.

We use both IE and Firefox. Some sites just don't work with Firefox, one of my mutual fund sites won't work at well. My employer's pay site won't work at all with Firefox.

Victoria":2b6lm05k said:
I love Firefox, faster and you can download the adblock and get rid of all the annoying and sometimes offensive ads that pop up.

If you dont have spyware on your computer you wouldnt have to worry about that stuff anyways.

I have said it on these forums a few times. USE FIREFOX with a google toolbar. No more pop ups and you avoid all the crap you have wth internet explorer. Now, change your email to gmail and you won't have spam. :nod:

I use firefox. It seems to be a lot faster than explorer, at least on my computer. Once you get used to it, I think its a lot more user-friendly.

Latest posts