Internet Dating Sites

Help Support CattleToday:

BeefmasterB

Reaction score
Just curious to see how many have used internet dating sites and what you have learned in your experience(s) if any. I recently looked at a couple just to see what was now going on out there in the world. It was interesting to say the least!!!! There seemed to be a preponderance of profiles that were "I want a man who is sincere and honest" and they go on to repeat this another 12 times or so. What's with that?? And then 8 out of 10 like to take long walks on the beach but there doesn't seem to be a beach within 500 miles of their current location. And, then there are those that stipulate that there ideal man must earn between $500k and $5 billion per year. That one is is easy to figure. My favorite is the headline that reads "Must like kids" and this is followed by "I like long walks on the beach" (with the kids, no doubt). And remember those messages on the bathroom wall that read "For a goodtime call *******"? They are also obvious - available 24/7 to anyone and want to have a real good time. Anyway, it's a very interesting read!! Almost like an interviewing or hiring process.

I wonder what the ladies perspective is about the various kinds of men on these sites - how they classify them.

I met my husband through Match.com. I was single, not into bars and found it impossible to meet men other than those I worked with, a variety of married and or gay guys...

Most of the men I talked to, (and there weren't many), were newly divorced and looking for, how shall I say this..., nookie. They wanted someone to go off to Cancun for the weekend, run around with them... They all wanted younger women and lots of them. I imagine that the women are doing same. I was looking with the intention of finding a husband and so I didn't go on a lot of dates, and then only daytime, meet me for coffee things. Safe dates in public places. I was up front that I was a busy single mother and that I didn't have time to jet off last minute.

There are just a lot of lonely people out there, too, who just want to find someone to spend some time with. I tell people who are interested in trying that it can be fun, but that you have to be careful and watch yourself. I never gave out my phone number. Steve and I did a lot of talking on the email before I gave him my number, and then he gave me his first. Then we did a lot of phone talking before we went out. Anyone who had problems with that just had to deal with it.

There are some nice guys out there on the web, I found one, but I think that anyone who wants to meet someone out there online has to be ready to face the reality that a lot of the time it is just cyber booty call.

I got my wife on Match.com, but it took a long time. You learn pretty soon which ones to just avoid--"moonlight walks on the beach, etc.". Certain phrases are giveaways I actually got to meet a few gals that became just friends, although we both knew that we were not a match. It was somebody to talk to, maybe go out and eat, or just hang out with. And a few gals are just out for the "nookie" part, too. Which is fine with me...... Also, met up with a few just plain loooosers. Gotta watch closely what they say their body type is.

But, it was fun. And worked out for me. So far. :tiphat:

Jim, did you meet any gals that just didn't look like their photos? I had several men ask me how old my photos were. (They were fairly recent, and I told them that the only thing that had changed about my appearence was that I plucked my eyebrows differently!) I guess my husband met several big gals and he wasn't really expecting that. He did say that there were a lot of bigguns on Match. He dated more than I did. I did have some interesting conversations. In fact, I had a guy contact me a year later and ask me if I were available, as he had saved my email addy. I told him I'd married.

I only was on there for three months. Steve and I both took down our profiles when we met. :heart:

Main problem with pictures was that some used pretty old ones. Never came across anyone that used a total fake. Them bigguns are a definite problem. Met one that described herself as a size 8. I'm sure she left off the 1 in front of that 8 by accident.

I learned that one of my business acquaintences has been using the sites for years strictly as a way of "booty call" as Lammie called it. Not my lifestyle but the outlandish stories he tells would make a good book. I had to ask him if when he meets up with his dates do they both wear a full body wetsuits. He actually wrote a mini-book called "Love With An Improper Stranger". Pretty entertaining material!

yes you can meet some nice people online.but be very careful of who you talk to an decide to meet.as said theres lots of players out there.an i must confess ive met some.but not untill we had talked for a good while.an i dont talk online anymore.

I also read somewhere that 30% of the folks on dating websites are married. I can believe that. Might be a low figure, in fact. I am sure those figures are higher on some sites than on others.

If I ever had to start dating again I would probably go to an Internet site and look specifically for those "bootie calls". I don't see anything wrong with it as long as they are not out and out prostitutes and that's OK too, just not for me. Maybe it's I'd prefer "... would you like a cup of coffee" instead of ".... that'll be $50 bucks please." Something anticlimatic about the later statement.

There are "urges" that need to be satisfied on both side of the gender line. I think you need to be very careful (both genders) from a violent standpoint and from a sexual nature as well. There are bugs out there that can kill today, not like when I was growin' up and you caught something that a shot would take care of. The difference between love and herpes is herpes is forever.

An exerpt for the mini-book:

Go ahead, make my day
"The one most important idiosyncrasy of anyone's day is something we are very familiar with called attitude. If one or both of you is possessed - I better not slow down on that word - with an attitude that is fixed only by a cup of coffee, let's say you're not a morning person - and you wake up growling like a lion because that's you. This is workable IF both of you aren't that way, questionable if only one of you is, and Heaven-help-you if both of your are. It's called a personality clash of the Fifth Kind.

So, normal, boy/girl-next-door dating has its challenges, agreed? So we're saying that local relationships have their ups and downs. Well then, pray you never get a first-hand experience with long distance."

BeefmasterB":xzgfsql3 said:
An exerpt for the mini-book:

Go ahead, make my day
"The one most important idiosyncrasy of anyone's day is something we are very familiar with called attitude. If one or both of you is possessed - I better not slow down on that word - with an attitude that is fixed only by a cup of coffee, let's say you're not a morning person - and you wake up growling like a lion because that's you. This is workable IF both of you aren't that way, questionable if only one of you is, and Heaven-help-you if both of your are. It's called a personality clash of the Fifth Kind.

So, normal, boy/girl-next-door dating has its challenges, agreed? So we're saying that local relationships have their ups and downs. Well then, pray you never get a first-hand experience with long distance."

My ex was a long distance relationship in the days before "on-line" dating. We talked hours on the phone. Wrote a few letters. She visited me. I visited her. We thought we were compatable, but in truth all of our contact had been "vacation time". C'est la vie.

Guess I'm old fashioned. Not a place I would begin looking for a mate. Years ago I hosted a chatroom as well as a message board and the big warning was "never give out personal information". I always wonder how many people had crimes committed against them by using sites that require you give out this information? If I were available and looking for a spouse, at my age I'd probably start at some church function or a very open social event.

You don't give out personal information. You aren't supposed to, anyway. I just wasn't having any luck meeting someone in the traditional ways. I even tried the grocery store. My friend Andrea and I found a cutie that shopped there on the same day every week so we started showing up there, too. Until he took the wife with him. Oh well...

I was uber cautious.

TexasBred":1mvwfa1n said:
Guess I'm old fashioned. Not a place I would begin looking for a mate. Years ago I hosted a chatroom as well as a message board and the big warning was "never give out personal information". I always wonder how many people had crimes committed against them by using sites that require you give out this information? If I were available and looking for a spouse, at my age I'd probably start at some church function or a very open social event.

Yea, your probably right. Nothing like a good game of shuffleboard or horseshoes to get a romance going. :help:

Shoot, there's a big cowboy church near here that's known as a pick-up place. I had friends try and get me to go there. I told them that I didn't think it was right to pick up men in church. Lots of singles there. My husband has a friend that met his wife there. She's a skank, so go fig...

Not sure what anyone is saying here. How about that Progressive Insurance girl? Most irritating personage out there in my opinion. If I had a date with her it would end before we got in the car.

Why are men attracted to her? And what does this have to do with internet dating?

Just curious. You aren't the first person, and I assume that you do like her, that has told me they think the Progressive Insurance girl was very attractive. I think she's scary. Orange lipstick and all. And that eyeliner? Pa-lease.

What that has to do with internet dating, I don't know. Who said anything about internet dating? What is internet dating? By the way, I invented the internet! :D

ga. prime":1ns8ujwg said:
What that has to do with internet dating, I don't know. Who said anything about internet dating? What is internet dating? By the way, I invented the inernet! :D

The topic, Alex, was internet dating.

You still thinking about the Progressive Insurance girl?

:cowboy: I invented the internet.

Latest posts