Internet Dating Sites

Help Support CattleToday:

Lammie":xk0ycs6d said:
Why are men attracted to her? And what does this have to do with internet dating?

Just curious. You aren't the first person, and I assume that you do like her, that has told me they think the Progressive Insurance girl was very attractive. I think she's scary. Orange lipstick and all. And that eyeliner? Pa-lease.

I'm with you on this one, Lammie. I was thinking she might be better on one of those No-Tell Motel advertisements.

BeefmasterB":1jrjkkcr said:
TexasBred":1jrjkkcr said:
Guess I'm old fashioned. Not a place I would begin looking for a mate. Years ago I hosted a chatroom as well as a message board and the big warning was "never give out personal information". I always wonder how many people had crimes committed against them by using sites that require you give out this information? If I were available and looking for a spouse, at my age I'd probably start at some church function or a very open social event.

Yea, your probably right. Nothing like a good game of shuffleboard or horseshoes to get a romance going. :help:

:lol: :lol: I was thinking more along the line of "ring around the bed pan".

Lammie":2j2em7u5 said:
Shoot, there's a big cowboy church near here that's known as a pick-up place. I had friends try and get me to go there. I told them that I didn't think it was right to pick up men in church. Lots of singles there. My husband has a friend that met his wife there. She's a skank, so go fig...

Lammie I guess even tramps can try to use "church attendance" to score. I was thinking more along the line of getting to know someone for real and developing a real friendship and go from there. Now you know why those cowboy churches always have a roping arena. :lol2:

ga. prime":132t50fv said:
:lol2: Oh, Internet dating. The topic was internet dating. I get it now.

hmm...guess I missed it...."Internet Dating"...is that what they call "cyber sex"????

TexasBred":205l345x said:
ga. prime":205l345x said:
:lol2: Oh, Internet dating. The topic was internet dating. I get it now.

hmm...guess I missed it...."Internet Dating"...is that what they call "cyber sex"????

I am curious about the websites you have been visiting...

No, there are legitimate sites out there with the pupose of matchmaking. EHarmony is supposed to be kind of a Christian thing. They reject applicants, too. I met Steve on Match. I don't think EHarmony existed. I probably would have been rejected, though!! :eek:

It's different. It's kinda fun. Steve and I lived within ten miles of each other. We shopped in the same stores. We drove the same roads, but we never would have met if it hadn't been for the internet.

BmB did you try Ashley Madison.. :cowboy:

I can see Internet dating being helpful these days. My cousin has met a few nice men since her divorce, but none have really worked out yet.

As for me if I became single again I do not think I would be able to actually go on a date with a total stranger that I met on the internet,,too chicken and too shy..

ga. prime":3ogwji2j said:
Not sure what anyone is saying here. How about that Progressive Insurance girl? Most irritating personage out there in my opinion. If I had a date with her it would end before we got in the car.
I'd still get a quote from her.I could'nt get along with her either after I see her patronizing queer insurance customers.

ga. prime":34myze3g said:
What that has to do with internet dating, I don't know. Who said anything about internet dating? What is internet dating? By the way, I invented the internet! :D

You must be Al Gore!

Theyve got one called sugardaddy . com. Every time I see the ad I am expecting a Saturday night live tv host to come on .

hillsdown":2tqe5fba said:

I can see Internet dating being helpful these days. My cousin has met a few nice men since her divorce, but none have really worked out yet.

As for me if I became single again I do not think I would be able to actually go on a date with a total stranger that I met on the internet,,too chicken and too shy..

I am the most shy person on earth. I really approached it with great trepidation. Really, done right, you should know enough about the person to feel safe around him or her before you actually meet. Then, like I said, safe, daytime dates in public the first couple of times. I liked bookstores and coffee houses. If you can't bore someone to death in those settings, you might have a chance.

I was really more worried about meeting someone who was married more than anything else. I was set up on a blind date once with a guy that turned out to be married. His wife called me afterward... Glad I didn't fall for the guy. I told her that her spouse was not representing himself as married to anyone, including some of his co-workers. The internet seemed pretty safe at that point. Certainly no more dishonest. People are going to lie regardless, if that's their nature. I never had a clue. I think it was not his first dating rodeo.

hillsdown":1zuv1p2z said:

HD - Yes, Ashley and I had a little talk but she seems to have some real issues with farm animals. I prefer to make a little money off mine but she, uhhhh, well, let's not go there. :help:

Your shy??? Lammie says she's shy too???? :lol2: That's alright, I won't tell. ;-)

Now, what's with all the acronyms on these sites. Looks like a person would have to purchase some kind of interpretive manual with all those things. FWB??? Seems like they have a language all their own! :nod:

Lammie":2us76p01 said:
I met my husband through Match.com. I was single, not into bars and found it impossible to meet men other than those I worked with, a variety of married and or gay guys...

Most of the men I talked to, (and there weren't many), were newly divorced and looking for, how shall I say this..., nookie. They wanted someone to go off to Cancun for the weekend, run around with them... They all wanted younger women and lots of them. I imagine that the women are doing same. I was looking with the intention of finding a husband and so I didn't go on a lot of dates, and then only daytime, meet me for coffee things. Safe dates in public places. I was up front that I was a busy single mother and that I didn't have time to jet off last minute.

There are just a lot of lonely people out there, too, who just want to find someone to spend some time with. I tell people who are interested in trying that it can be fun, but that you have to be careful and watch yourself. I never gave out my phone number. Steve and I did a lot of talking on the email before I gave him my number, and then he gave me his first. Then we did a lot of phone talking before we went out. Anyone who had problems with that just had to deal with it.

There are some nice guys out there on the web, I found one, but I think that anyone who wants to meet someone out there online has to be ready to face the reality that a lot of the time it is just cyber booty call.
:lol: thats one way to say it, i like what billy crystal, said and its pure fact.. women need a reason to have sex.......men just need a place :p

BeefmasterB":2b8jyobn said:
hillsdown":2b8jyobn said:

HD - Yes, Ashley and I had a little talk but she seems to have some real issues with farm animals. I prefer to make a little money off mine but she, uhhhh, well, let's not go there. :help:

Your shy??? Lammie says she's shy too???? :lol2: That's alright, I won't tell. ;-)

Now, what's with all the acronyms on these sites. Looks like a person would have to purchase some kind of interpretive manual with all those things. FWB??? Seems like they have a language all their own! :nod:

I am terribly shy. I have worked on it for years, and although I have gotten better, some social situations make me want to run and hide.

I have a theory that the more you use the acronyms, the more perverted you are. TTFN! :cowboy:

cfpinz":3icgy8ma said:
ga. prime":3icgy8ma said:
What that has to do with internet dating, I don't know. Who said anything about internet dating? What is internet dating? By the way, I invented the internet! :D

You must be Al Gore!
:lol2: People make that mistake all the time! No, if I was Al Gore I wouldn't have had time to invent the internet because I would have been too busy shutting down all the sawmills in Tennessee and working on a docudrama about global warming and hugging up to the Hollywood crowd and starting a feud with the Supreme Court and...

Luckily, I met my wife back in 1980 when she was a bank teller and I was opening an account. We got married 5 years later. Relative to what I've seen in other relationships, it's been smooth sailing since. :D I'm not trying to disparage anyone using internet dating at all. In fact, it's one of the things I had in mind when I invented the internet!

Where would all of you guys that invented the internet be if I hadn;t discovered electricity and invented the computer?

dun, you have my everlasting gratitude for those noteworthy inventions without which I couldn't have invented the internet! :tiphat:

ga. prime":14qlcyyc said:
dun, you have my everlasting gratitude for those noteworthy inventions without which I couldn't have invented the internet! :tiphat:

Who invented the "mouse"?? Without him it would be like me sitting here with 10 thumbs.

TexasBred":3edny1j6 said:
ga. prime":3edny1j6 said:

Who invented the "mouse"?? Without him it would be like me sitting here with 10 thumbs.

I believe it was Steve Jobs from Apple Computer

Latest posts