• T1 or Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Satellite

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
jack.diamond":1gjajgi7 said:
SD,

Check out the website below. All you need to do is fill in your telephone number and see what's available.

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/discover/ ... Bundle.jsp

JD

Thanks JD!

I currently have dishnetwork for TV and they don't offer any sort of broadband speeds.

Do you have any experience with this DirectTV broadband?

I've heard mixed results regarding satellite service.

Dial up for me, I'm still new at all the computer stuff, this works good for me now, maybe someday I'll upgrade.

GMN

Dial-up here, but we have one of those DirectTV things - you can get internet service through them? How fast/expensive is that? Ours is through our phone line now and it's usually 53k (whatever that means) and $9.95 per month.

cfpinz

randiliana":2d0pwv9h said:
We are dial up, but hopefully we can get onto the satellite in the near future.

Skip by satellite and wait for SlackTel to get wireless operating all over the province in a year or two. I've had Lincsat (Hughes) service for 3 years, and its only marginally better than dial up. Relatively fast downloads, especially in comparison to dial up, but much more expensive. Lincsat also has a fair bit of satellite downtime, none of which they re-imburse their customers for.

Rod

I am on broadband here, very very fast almost instant. it is the top package and only costs £9.99 a month, that is eqiverlant to $6 a month, we were on dial up but everyone complained they could never reach us on the land line phone, now I can use the computer and the phone at the same time, brilliant, would never go back.

After getting DSL I would never go back to dial-up. Didn't Hughes buy Directway?

wireless----it's great---about $40 per month + l month
free if you pay for a year at a time. It's the difference
between driving a model T and a race car.

chrisy":1k2xj2pb said:
I am on broadband here, very very fast almost instant. it is the top package and only costs £9.99 a month, that is eqiverlant to $6 a month, we were on dial up but everyone complained they could never reach us on the land line phone, now I can use the computer and the phone at the same time, brilliant, would never go back.

Been 20 plus years since I been across the pond chrisy, but wouldn't 10 pounds be closer to 20 bucks?

Still a good deal. :D

I pay that for poor dial up. :mad:

AngusLimoX":1slz9dse said:
chrisy":1slz9dse said:

Been 20 plus years since I been across the pond chrisy, but wouldn't 10 pounds be closer to 20 bucks?

Still a good deal. :D

I pay that for poor dial up. :mad:

sorry my mistake I was going the wrong way you are right, it is near to $20 but that would still be a better deal than most have put on here.

there is a company 'The Carphone Warehouse' that is now doing broadband for free, but they are having so much trouble getting it started, that I think I will wait until it is going well and then I might chance it.