Interesting weekend

Help Support CattleToday:

Lammie

Reaction score
We took Friday off to go see my son graduate from college. His fiance's parents live in Amarillo, so we had planned to meet them while we were there. Boy did we meet them! They attended the graduation, which was nice, then we took them to dinner. Well, we expected that to be the end of it.

Had to move Steven's furniture, in the rain, over four hundred miles, thank goodness for heavy plastic sheeting and duct tape... Fiance's dad said he would help load. Nope. Well, we started off, us in the lead and the rest following. All I can think of is all the stuff I have to do when I get back. We get home, park the truck, unload it, since it's still raining and it won't fit in the garage. :mad: And here everyone comes through the gate!

So I went to the store and bought stuff for a cookout. Everyone stayed until about eleven.

Got sick in the night, diverticulitis and a particularly bad attack. Meanwhile, fiance's dad has a kidney stone and has to go to the ER... I was sick all day. No laundry, no cooking, no anything but great illness. Didn't get to see Dad. Future relatives in the house... Steven took my truck and lost the keys... I lost my house keys and can't find them anywhere. I was still too sick to go to work yesterday. I can't get into my classroom because I don't have the keys yet. Found the truck keys...

My son's laundry is everywhere and I can tell when he came in the middle of the night because of the wrappers, cans and MY laundry on top of the machine where he took it out to do HIS laundry. :mad: All the living room lights were left on, along with the computer,which I turned off before I went to bed.

I need a day off to recover from my days off. At least there's a three day weekend coming up, but I have to go to Dad's house and try to get it organized before we have the estate sale. I haven't gotten a darn thing done around here...

Me and Steven are about to have a Come to Jesus meeting over this stuff. I can't live in chaos. I'm just not good at it. Just thinking about the weekend makes my stomach hurt. The future inlaws are, well, strange. I guess as long as we don't live in the same town, we'll be okay. They probably think we are freaks, too.

Back to work!

you just had a fun filled weekend.an you an your sons future father in law getting sick was the icing on the cake.hope your feeling better this morning.

Looks like you could use several more pairs of hands over there! Moving household goods/furniture has to be one of the worst jobs out there - and in the rain, no less :shock: . The 3-day weekend should do you some good!!

I'm back at work where I have a relatively good handle on things. It's a sad thing when you'd rather be at work than at home...

Thanks for your well wishes.

1982vett":3rhy2eii said:
Yep, I think you must have a fever. Better go get a "shot" of "medicine". ;-)

If I could have kept from barfing it up, I would have, believe me.

Lammie, bless your heart, I do enjoy your posts. :lol: I'm glad you're feeling better. Glad your son is finished with college.

The sad part about it is that it is all true and I didn't do anything to make it sound funnier! It was actually a little more strange than that. Steve and I referred to the inlaws as the Faukers all weekend.

"Seen the Faukers?"
"Faukers go home yet?"

Nice folks, but I really would have preferred it if they had come July 4th or something when we could have sat down and not had to rush everything. And the back porch isn't cleaned yet... I like to have things looking a little more Martha Stewart than that when we entertain.

I hope I don't kill my son before he has a chance to get married. This was all mostly his doing. As in, "Sure! Come on over! Mom loves to cook!"

jedstivers":2e169cta said:
Do those strange inlaws know you talk to complet strangers on the computer about cows?
:lol:

She actually is an administrator for some website. I didn't ask. She told Steve.

Lammie I hope you feel better and keep feeling better. I know what you mean by the future "out-laws" being different our future daughter in law is superb but how she ever developed from her father I have a hard time understanding. Has your son got a job lined up somewhere that he will be out of your sphere of influence soon? I hope you have a good "meeting " with him and soon. Good Lu8ck and best wishes. JLP

Jalopy":1vdnwy02 said:
Lammie I hope you feel better and keep feeling better. I know what you mean by the future "out-laws" being different our future daughter in law is superb but how she ever developed from her father I have a hard time understanding. Has your son got a job lined up somewhere that he will be out of your sphere of influence soon? I hope you have a good "meeting " with him and soon. Good Lu8ck and best wishes. JLP

I wish. No, neither of them have jobs at the moment. They supposedly have a plan for that. I think that plan is to eat here and use my laundry facilities for as long as humanly possible. It is exactly backwards from what I would have done, but I'm trying to stay out of it. It would have fallen on deaf ears anyway. I was 21 once myself.

Sounds like a long weekend, hard to entertain people you barely know, maybe they will become less strange, and you all will be their best buds! :D

gmn

Well,it's over. Hopefully you won't have to do it again anytime soon. Little late to train son different,but it can be done. Good luck,glad you're feeling better.

peg4x4":32q7qjww said:
Well,it's over. Hopefully you won't have to do it again anytime soon. Little late to train son different,but it can be done. Good luck,glad you're feeling better.

That's his fiance's job now! I think he was just trying to make everyone feel comfortable inviting them over. As for the garbage, he required an attitude adjustment on my part. I'm not a bed and breakfast nor a maid.

Lammie":3cr5dcez said:
peg4x4":3cr5dcez said:

That's his fiance's job now! I think he was just trying to make everyone feel comfortable inviting them over. As for the garbage, he required an attitude adjustment on my part. I'm not a bed and breakfast nor a maid.

Men get married to get trained by their wives now? No wonder mankind is in trouble. Your not a maid Lammie? C'mon!!! Throw their messes outthe back door and they'll eventually get the message.

Latest posts