Interesting ways to sell bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

RanchMan90":3itxxmxi said:
BK9954":3itxxmxi said:
WalnutCrest":3itxxmxi said:
...that's very easy to update, but (imo) very difficult to organize.
Takes just a minute. No paying google to be on a search engine. Access to 10's of thousands of potential customers, tons of registered and commercial ranchers. Creating a group page is a project. Making a personal ranch page is just about logging in anout 5 minutes a day unless you are getting a lot of people asking questions wanting to buy your stock. Then its exciting. Why not? Its as easy as checking the weather on the internet IMO. Face book walks you through it. Made it easy for people that are technologically challenged.
I think I've seen your page myself. Hobo ranch?
So much for being an anonymous on this page. You are all over it. Must work for the NSA haha. I am selling out this year. Trying to buy my uncles out on the family property. Priced my cattle high but heck, who cares. I just wont give away anything breedable to the slaughter house guys at the auction. They are giving them away. Bred cows for $600, not mine. The Lazy Hobo Ranch. My grandfather named it in the 70's

RanchMan90":pv15tibc said:
Lol I just put 2 and 2 together you having the same avatar and cow pics here as there. I can't afford to give my cattle away either.
If I can buy it I'm going to start over with Brahman cross Hereford. If I got to stick with the 15 acres I have bought right now I'll have no choice but to go with registered lowline Angus. It is what it is. Running over 100 acres but all but 15 is estate property. My Dad owns 33%

The difference between the Hereford/Brahman and Angus/Brangus cross calf prices will be a wash IMO. Polled Hereford breds can be bought for a song and almost as low maintenance as lowlines though while still raising a calf that will meet industry size standards. :2cents:

RanchMan90":1rtl61v0 said:
The difference between the Hereford/Brahman and Angus/Brangus cross calf prices will be a wash IMO. Polled Hereford breds can be bought for a song and almost as low maintenance as lowlines though while still raising a calf that will meet industry size standards. :2cents:
Figuring brahman cows will lower the vet bills. I have the facilities to deal with them. Polled hereford bull would be choice. My black seem to have a few stress issues in the Texas heat. I have culled those but thats what I have seen.

RanchMan90":1tsrudxd said:
The salebarn. $850 for young heavy breds if you don't get in a hurry.
They're giving them away it's a racket what's going on. Looks like a bunch of crooks. You can turn around the sell the calf and 5 months and have a cow left for four hundred bucks. If I wasn't trying to sell out right now I would have bought a couple myself. Like heck I'll take anything to the auction this year that's not a cull.

RanchMan90":2wmu9uui said:
A lot of those calves end up in OK after they finish the TX circuit.
Some of the not so hot bred cows get sold by the pound at slaughter price.

The cattlemens connection is a pretty big group on Facebook people sell cattle on there there's a few other ones like registered / commercial brangus cattle.

We can buy herefords here for 200-400 less than a black. Calves will bring .20-.60 less per lb for feeders. We have a dozen hereford cows and like them. And I see no difference in the pinkeye problems than with the blacks. But black is the color here....black baldy calves do fine so we just keep the hereford cows.....

farmerjan":vfbxj5yz said:
We can buy herefords here for 200-400 less than a black. Calves will bring .20-.60 less per lb for feeders. We have a dozen hereford cows and like them. And I see no difference in the pinkeye problems than with the blacks. But black is the color here....black baldy calves do fine so we just keep the hereford cows.....
Not here, hereford heifers go for the same if not more depending on frame, maybe because of the tigerstripe market. Plus true herefords are not too common to see at the sales. Pretty rare actually. I have gone saying I am going to buy a hereford heifer, and never seen any at several auctions. The bulls and steers get less then black.

To try to get the thread back on point ...

[sarcasm]

I was thinking about having a lottery system.

You pay money to get a number, then when Bull #1 is up, I pull a number out of the hat and you get your bull.

Isn't that a good idea?!

[/sarcasm]

Hey, they do lotteries for houses so why not bulls? Raffles for new cars at the local fire dept carnivals and fairs....I have spent $20 for a single ticket for a chance on choice of 2 rifles....
I'd gladly pay a few dollars for a chance of winning a bull, or semen or something....

WalnutCrest":2ck4i2hj said:
I was thinking about having a lottery system.

You pay money to get a number, then when Bull #1 is up, I pull a number out of the hat and you get your bull.

Isn't that a good idea?!

What is the advantage over private treaty?

Latest posts