Interesting Thanksgiving

Help Support CattleToday:

FarmGirl10

Reaction score
Wednesday night at about 4 my dad called me and said my uncles house was on fire and asked if I could see smoke (he lives 3 miles away). I couldn't at the time but I kept hearing the sirens. Well, it turned out really badly and the house was lost and a volunteer fireman had falled through the roof. Luckily he didn't get hurt or burnt since he fell in the middle of the flames and thankfully his partner pulled him out of the fire. So they spent the night at a neighbors house and Thanksgiving morning they got a nice suprise. Another one of the neighbors has a rental house that was currently unoccupied and he showed up with the keys to it and is letting them stay there.

Thank God no one was home, that it didn't spread to the barns, and that no one on the 8 deparments called were injured.

FarmGirl10":2mtrvi28 said:
Another one of the neighbors has a rental house that was currently unoccupied and he showed up with the keys to it and is letting them stay there.

One of the finer things of rural/small town living. Always someone there to help if you need it.

Sorry your the loss, but houses can be rebuilt.

sorry that your uncle lost his house.good neighbors are hard to beat when your in a bind.

Yeah, good neighbors are hard to beat. Started on working on cleaning my uncles place up from the fire yesterday. Hopefully the rebuilding process can start pretty soon, but you know how insurance companies are. The rebuilding process should hopefully be at a decent rate because 4 of my uncles on this side of the family own small construction companies and of course us farmers know how to build too.

We took my dad to Abilene, Mom was in the hospital, and he couldn't remember who we were all day.

I guess one refreshing thing about Alzheimer's is that you don't get bored. There's new people and places every day! He seemed to enjoy it even if he thought he was in the company of strangers. I was kinda worried about losing him in the truck stop, though. :help:

Latest posts