Interesting term................

Help Support CattleToday:

dun":3olkrz9j said:
Heard the USA referred to as the "Divided States of America".

I blame the cause on "rhetoric ". Regardless of the issue, the opposing sides square off and in place of civil intelligent debate with solutions, the sides try to see who can win with the most outlandish rhetoric.

The most disappointing outcome is that neither proposes real solutions. I heard ZERO viable solutions offered in this campaign. The reason working solutions cannot be offered is because if a candidate actually proposed what really needs to be done, no one would like it because it would mean sacrifice.

dun":5nruf0jg said:

I think division is worse in our country than it has ever been in my lifetime. Even during the civil rights movement protest were not really violent.

Margonme":11nagz0q said:
The reason working solutions cannot be offered is because if a candidate actually proposed what really needs to be done, no one would like it because it would mean sacrifice.

Yup. You just used the "s" word.... The other "s" word that applies here is without sacrifice, we're screwed.

True Grit Farms":3q5n794k said:
If everyone followed the 10 commandments and the constitution of the United States we'd all get along a lot better.

Then would I be welcome on your farm?? :D

dun":nlmyph7s said:

I'm afraid that is about right at the moment. I'm also afraid it's getting a nudge by some under handed folks trying to fuel the fire.

People can be divided in multiple ways, I sure don't like it.

Commercialfarmer":jw1czpy7 said:
dun":jw1czpy7 said:

I'm afraid that is about right at the moment. I'm also afraid it's getting a nudge by some under handed folks trying to fuel the fire.

Bullshyt -- Look at the Map Left coast is divided and the north east , The hand full of states that were blue only meant the large cities controlled it. We are not the minority YET some to insure we don't become it we need to fix the issues and a lot the kids doing the protest will grow up over the next 4 yrs

M-5":1fekawkl said:
Commercialfarmer":1fekawkl said:
dun":1fekawkl said:

Bullshyt -- Look at the Map Left coast is divided and the north east , The hand full of states that were blue only meant the large cities controlled it. We are not the minority YET some to insure we don't become it we need to fix the issues and a lot the kids doing the protest will grow up over the next 4 yrs

You are 100% correct m-5, the protesters are dumb azz college kids who are joined by bigger dumb azz kids who have no idea why they are protesting they just get to break stuff.

Also about the blue states, Oregon, Washington and California are all blue states. Speaking in square miles, take away about 10% of Oregon and Washington and they are just as red as any other state. Divide California in thirds and the northern two thirds are red.

One of my African American adult daughters has been informed on two occasions since the election that "Donald Trump will be getting 'her kind' out of the country soon". By "her kind" I don't know if they mean "college educated", "tax paying", "woman", "overweight" or "African American". She's a person who has overcome great obstacles in life to be a great contributor to this country - that's how I know her anyway. Things are in a bad way.

I have a foot in both worlds. The "college educated professional" realm and the "farming blue collar industrial 'rural' " realm. Like a child caught between divorcing parents. As in most struggles, both sides are actually right and both sides are actually wrong. Both sides are good and both sides are bad. Both sides hate each other with a venomous passion that neither deserves.

angus9259":3isvzpq5 said:
One of my African American adult daughters has been informed on two occasions since the election that "Donald Trump will be getting 'her kind' out of the country soon". By "her kind" I don't know if they mean "college educated", "tax paying", "woman", "overweight" or "African American". She's a person who has overcome great obstacles in life to be a great contributor to this country - that's how I know her anyway. Things are in a bad way.

I'm sorry that your daughter has had problems. There's no excuse for that. But Trump supporters shouldn't all be lumped in with the people that told her than any more than Clinton supporters should all be lumped in with the ones damaging property while protesting Trump's election.

Rafter S":1twl320p said:
Trump supporters shouldn't all be lumped in with the people that told her than any more than Clinton supporters should all be lumped in with the ones damaging property while protesting Trump's election.

VERY MUCH AGREED!!!! :banana:

I added this to my original post....

I have a foot in both worlds. The "college educated professional" realm and the "farming blue collar industrial 'rural' " realm. Like a child caught between divorcing parents. As in most struggles, both sides are actually right and both sides are actually wrong. Both sides are good and both sides are bad. Both sides hate each other with a venomous passion that neither deserves.

I'm going to shut up now before I get another thread locked.....

Is it too early to start drinking?

angus9259":2u0rnstn said:

I'll answer your second question first.....no.

CT has been running very loose with the "no politics" rule during the last few days, but all the political discussions have stayed very civil. My only guess to why your Hillary thread was locked because of what I call "the slippery slope" clause. When I first saw it one of my first thoughts was it could have been downhill very fast. From the post I saw it didn't but maybe a post was deleted I didn't see.

Finally I agree, you can't group all democrats to the protesters. Also be some stupid stretch of their imagination some racist in this country the idea Trumps victory will lead to white supremacy. I hope they get stomped on very quickly. I feel bad for your daughter, take care. :tiphat:

angus9259":3m84usp5 said:

When you really think about it, is it ever too early to start drinking?

angus9259":2k0ub88l said:

you voted for late term abortions ...I would think your history with adoption that would have been a red flag, How people reasoned their choice in this one is beyond my comprehension.

Some of us don't vote on only one issue M5. Voter fraud played a major role in 2000, 2008, and 2012. But the normal people acted normal. There was plenty of fraud this time also, just not enough to sway the results. IMO
Peaceful protesting is one thing, once someone starts terrorizing people and property they need to be treated as a terrorist.

Bigfoot":24mpyngm said:
dun":24mpyngm said:

I think division is worse in our country than it has ever been in my lifetime. Even during the civil rights movement protest were not really violent.
Hardly ever see or hear of a peaceful protest anymore. Only riots that MSM insists on calling protests.

True Grit Farms":j7h8c62b said:
If everyone followed the 10 commandments and the constitution of the United States we'd all get along a lot better.
And quit cheating on the FIT returns.

True Grit Farms":i3betjxa said:
Some of us don't vote on only one issue M5. Voter fraud played a major role in 2000, 2008, and 2012. But the normal people acted normal. There was plenty of fraud this time also, just not enough to sway the results. IMO
Peaceful protesting is one thing, once someone starts terrorizing people and property they need to be treated as a terrorist.

Do you have some information to support those statements?

Latest posts