Interesting rodeo

Help Support CattleToday:

highgrit":bsy53zpd said:
It's only a cow and probably doesn't have any horns either. I've seen you wearing a cowboy hat Hook. Might as well go all in, just have someone taking a video. :D
Come down and show me how it's done. :lol: can't be any worse than riding a helm. :shock: :mrgreen:

Let me drive your truck and I'll put her wherever you want her. If the fences will hold her. Remember that video of them catching cattle in Australia? :D

Mine can be led anywhere. And I mean anywhere. You try to drive them, there's no telling what will happen. I aint big on fence repairing. A sack of cubes makes life simple.

Honk the horn on the truck, and they think they are changing pastures. The stampede is instant. You'd best be moving up the lane because they're coming.

They will all follow me with a bag of cubes. But the crazy one will hold up 200 yards away from any gate or pen. With the calves. Then she puts her head up and high tails it. With the calves.

Cb, how can I make it easier on myself besides catching her with the dogs or shooting her?

Hook":1yp6vbj2 said:
They will all follow me with a bag of cubes. But the crazy one will hold up 200 yards away from any gate or pen. With the calves. Then she puts her head up and high tails it. With the calves.

Cb, how can I make it easier on myself besides catching her with the dogs or shooting her?

That is why you have a two acre catch lot to catch and cull crazies.
Be careful with dogs and "Cowboys" might end up with more crazies.
Nothing better than a good dog and nothing worse than a bad one on cows.
Only thing worse than a bad dog is a bunch of idiots on horses whooping and hollering.
You are going to have to let everything calm down all they see now when
you show up is Monsters. Back off and let everything cool off.
Cut off her water or wait until hay time her stomach will beat them every time.

The water is a lake, she won't go into a 10 or 5 acre catch lot. If she sees a person at all she won't go through any gates. We're going to put the hay in the front field and see if we can get her used to going in there and then have someone hiding way back they can close the gate when the time comes

have ya tried moving her using a bb gun to pop her butt..if ya git behind her and then give her a shot or 2 that works sometimes. if ya can...some of em ya cant even sneak up on.

did ya catch her calf? if ya can do that then pen it inside something that she needs to go into to be near it..like a bigger corral around the outside of the smaller one. just make the gate on the side you approach from so she runs away will be runnin inside...ive had a few of those..they sure make life a pita when the rest of em freak out too

I'll post more on horses later if I remember but whatever you do get a dart gun. And don't be cheap, get a good one. We very seldom tranq one but we use it all the time for meds. Even when we have a catch pen close sometimes it's better not to get one stirred up and hot.
I wouldn't know anything about it but I've heard of a deer being darted and ear tagged. Figure that's just a rumor though, not any rednecks like that around here.

jedstivers":2xx4qbch said:
I'll post more on horses later if I remember but whatever you do get a dart gun. And don't be cheap, get a good one. We very seldom tranq one but we use it all the time for meds. Even when we have a catch pen close sometimes it's better not to get one stirred up and hot.
I wouldn't know anything about it but I've heard of a deer being darted and ear tagged. Figure that's just a rumor though, not any rednecks like that around here.
I agree 100% on the dart gun. I can't imagine how I ever got by without one. I use mine atleast 5 times a week.

yeah..dart gun sounds real good..but what do ya do if shes laying on the grnd and wont get in the trlr...

ZOMBIE COW...RUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!