interesting old milk ad--this was shown when I was in school

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard

Reaction score
This ad is older than I am but I remember seeing it in science class around 1963 as a "film strip".

[youtube]cC2nadyCCZE[/youtube]

Now days in school they show factory farms and teach children how wrong and mistreated dairy cows. They tell how they are forced produce milk or be killed.
They tell them they are injected with hormones to produce more milk and how evil agriculture is
But how importing vegetables foreign countries like Mexico or central American is helping those poor people that the greedy American farmer has suppressed.
How bad beef and dairy products are for you and the American farmer is evil and mistreats it's animals and is killing the planet will fertilizer, runoff and methane gas

Shanghai":28bsqno9 said:
Now days in school they show factory farms and teach children how wrong and mistreated dairy cows. They tell how they are forced produce milk or be killed.
They tell them they are injected with hormones to produce more milk and how evil agriculture is
But how importing vegetables foreign countries like Mexico or central American is helping those poor people that the greedy American farmer has suppressed.
How bad beef and dairy products are for you and the American farmer is evil and mistreats it's animals and is killing the planet will fertilizer, runoff and methane gas
Part of it is true. A dairy cow that doesn't produce milk should be killed and usually is. Also many ARE injected with harmones to increase milk production.

The irony of him expressing appreciation to government workers. I wonder if a different guy, same seat today might not hold them in such high regard.

I really enjoyed watching that film. I am trying to think of what grade you were in when they showed that to you. So, I am guessing you were probably in the 1st or 2nd grade????
Thank you for sharing that!!
I lived in Memphis when I was very small, and we used to take field trips to places like this. We went to Wonder Bread, Lays Potato Chips, and several other places. It was great fun, and I will always remember it. At Wonder Bread, they let out a lot of colored balloons in the sky, and that was so exciting.

When I lived in Memphis, many years ago, they delivered milk to our front door too.

There is only one dairy around here, and I wish they would go out of business. Often I will see a very thin cow standing alone in the pasture that didn't go up. I just wish that someone would shut him down. Everyone here is upset about the condition of his cows. They are severely humped backed and very thin. His place is very untidy, and we can't understand what company is purchasing his milk. I just hope that I am not eating any of his products. He is one of the farms that get people really upset at the dairies. The cattle look lifeless.

I see too many farms on the internet that show nicely/ pretty conditioned cows, so he is just one of the farms that gives dairies a bad name. He is on a major highway for everyone to drive by and see. But, there are many beef farms that give the beef industry the same name. The cattle are very thin, and I see them standing in the coldest of weather without hay. They stand with all four legs as close together as they can get, as they are so cold.

It sickens me to see anyone with cattle that cannot take care of their stock. They need to sell them if they are too lazy to feed them; or sell some of their stock to buy feed, or get rid of them all if they just cannot afford the feed.
People that can lay up in their house when it is warm and eat, and leave their stock unattended, freezing without feed, and act like they are the nicest people in the world, are not what they seem. I know that underneath the BS, I could not trust them and don't want any dealings with them.

If you take the responsibility of animals and stock, I feel that you need to go take care of the animals first, then take care of your self. Otherwise, sell them. PERIOD!

Did I mention that I really enjoy the film?????? :lol2:

Actually fewer farmers are using rBST because the consumers do not want it in their milk.

Shanghai wrote:

Shangai, You have a lot of wrong information. The schools, Agriculture in Classroom events, and other educational events that we go to do not teach what you say is taught.
Educate yourself. You cannot force a cow to produce milk. If you could, many beef cattle owners would force their poor milking cows to feed their calves.
The internet is a wealth of misinformation. Anyone can take a camera, build an impressive website and say whatever they want, whether it is true or not. People want to believe the worst rather than the best about things.

Chuckie":b2w5aeem said:
It sickens me to see anyone with cattle that cannot take care of their stock. They need to sell them if they are too lazy to feed them; or sell some of their stock to buy feed, or get rid of them all if they just cannot afford the feed.
People that can lay up in their house when it is warm and eat, and leave their stock unattended, freezing without feed, and act like they are the nicest people in the world, are not what they seem. I know that underneath the BS, I could not trust them and don't want any dealings with them.

If you take the responsibility of animals and stock, I feel that you need to go take care of the animals first, then take care of your self. Otherwise, sell them. PERIOD!

:lol2:

I've never agreed to anything more than I do this right here.