Interesting Listen (19 minutes)

Help Support CattleToday:

Very interesting, NPR not to my liking however.

Mumia Abu-Jamal commentaries
In 1994, NPR arranged to air commentaries by convicted cop killer Mumia Abu-Jamal on All Things Considered, but cancelled them after the Fraternal Order of Police and members of the U. S. Congress objected to the airing.

On the December 19, 1995, broadcast of All Things Considered, NPR commentator Andrei Codrescu reported that some Christians believe in a "rapture" and 4 million believers will ascend to Heaven immediately. He continued, "The evaporation of 4 million who believe this crap would leave the world an instantly better place. NPR subsequently apologized for Codrescu's comment, saying, "Those remarks offended listeners and crossed a line of taste and tolerance that we should have defended with greater vigilance." Executive Producer Ellen Weiss said the incident would not sever NPR's relationship with Codrescu.

I have better things to do than waste my time listening to a bunch of liberals.

2 examples from 20 years ago dictates you never listening to NPR again? What about all the inflamatory comments that are on CNN, MSNBC, Fox News, The Blaze, etc? All news agencies have idiots on there.

Not all liberals are bad, just like not all conservatives are good. Each 'herd' has its culls.

If you won't listen to NPR, I can't blame you. They are way liberal.
But you're a lot like the folks who won't turn on FOX news because they might hear something which challenges their beliefs.
I even turn to MSNBC on occasion.

Bestoutwest":25hqtqhu said:
2 examples from 20 years ago dictates you never listening to NPR again? What about all the inflamatory comments that are on CNN, MSNBC, Fox News, The Blaze, etc? All news agencies have idiots on there.

Not all liberals are bad, just like not all conservatives are good. Each 'herd' has its culls.

I agree they all slant the news to their viewership that is why I don't waste my time with any of them. My brother is a liberal, has no problem with voting for people that support killing children in the womb. I wish I had a dollar for every time he has told me we are the only civilized country that doesn't have national healthcare (before the ACA). I love my brother but we talk about deer, chainsaws, etc. I also don't waste my time with rabid conservatives. I just try to live my life as follows:
1. Love God
2. Love my neighbor
3. Be faithful to my wife
4. Raise my children to know and love the Lord
5. Stand up for the freedoms outlined as God given by our founding fathers
6. No tolerance for perversions forced upon society as "normal"

john250":3mfdxsg3 said:
But you're a lot like the folks who won't turn on FOX news because they might hear something which challenges their beliefs.

For the little that I have posted I doubt that you know me well enough to make such generalizations, but no big deal. I challenge myself and my perceptions and beliefs throughout life. Many have changed as I have aged.

red angus 2010":2q1volej said:
john250":2q1volej said:

For the little that I have posted I doubt that you know me well enough to make such generalizations, but no big deal. I challenge myself and my perceptions and beliefs throughout life. Many have changed as I have aged.

OK, whatever. I sure didn't figure to make an enemy
with a story about OK law enforcement.

Best wishes to you, and continued high prices. :D

red angus 2010:

> My brother is a liberal, has no problem with voting for people that support killing children in the womb.

Compared to letting the poor die because you won't help feed them? Or supporting killing people in foreign countries for profit or for made up causes?

> I just try to live my life as follows:
1. Love God

But hate liberals and dark skinned people living the Whitehouse.

2. Love my neighbor

As long as they are conservatives.

But not necessarily to God.

At least as taught in church.

Like that all men are created equal? That woman aren't equal? Slavery is moral and ethical?

And only conservatives are allowed to define perversion. That definitely lightens to load on God doing the judging.

Do you really believe Jesus would want to live next door to a modern conservative? One can also ask the same about a modern liberal. I don't think Jesus would see much difference.

gimpyrancher":3na4xmt3 said:
red angus 2010:

> My brother is a liberal, has no problem with voting for people that support killing children in the womb.

Compared to letting the poor die because you won't help feed them? Or supporting killing people in foreign countries for profit or for made up causes?

> I just try to live my life as follows:
1. Love God

But hate liberals and dark skinned people living the Whitehouse.

2. Love my neighbor

As long as they are conservatives.

But not necessarily to God.

At least as taught in church.

Like that all men are created equal? That woman aren't equal? Slavery is moral and ethical?

And only conservatives are allowed to define perversion. That definitely lightens to load on God doing the judging.

Do you really believe Jesus would want to live next door to a modern conservative? One can also ask the same about a modern liberal. I don't think Jesus would see much difference.
You sure got a lot out of a little bit.

red angus 2010":1skfcw6m said:
Jed,

I feel sorry for gimpy he is a racist with a chip on his shoulder

Red, it's called projection.

Projection-
When a person has uncomfortable thoughts or feelings, they may project these onto other people, assigning the thoughts or feelings that they need to repress to a convenient alternative target.

Latest posts