Interesting Finicum Video

Help Support CattleToday:

That is very convincing. The law probably has a think tank making a very convincing video as well.

I don't know. I believe, they think we (the people) have enough to be satisfied and will ignore it, making no issue as usual. It is very disturbing to me.

Ok. I got on a PC, and watched this video. Even if you assume the video is one sided, it raises some questions that are really hard to overlook. Lavoy, only had 3, at the most 4 seconds to get his truck stopped. That curve probably wasn't a great place to put a road block. Any attempt made by lavoy's group to surrender was met with gunfire. I wasn't there, and everything done may have been standard operating procedure. I don't know what I would have done, because I've never been in that situation.

Sorry but I live in Southern Oregon. It's hard to feel sorry for him or his family. He certainly didn't care about me or the others that they caused a lot of trouble for. Not speaking of law enforcement. But the surrounding citizens. They supposedly were fighting "for" one family. They've left "us" with millions in expenses that state taxpayers will pay. I hope the 6 feet of dirt he's sporting was worth it.

Then again, I don't really care.

gimpyrancher":1dta0la0 said:
Sorry but I live in Southern Oregon. It's hard to feel sorry for him or his family. He certainly didn't care about me or the others that they caused a lot of trouble for. Not speaking of law enforcement. But the surrounding citizens. They supposedly were fighting "for" one family. They've left "us" with millions in expenses that state taxpayers will pay. I hope the 6 feet of dirt he's sporting was worth it.

Then again, I don't really care.

I'm not for sure what you mean by your comment which is very open please expound on the topic as it just brings up more questions gimpy.

On the OUTSIDE here is how it looks:

1. Their are some harsh statements you made about the situation. He is fighting for his family and way of life which in turn helps other ranch and really any entrepreneur families, why do you feel different?
2. I wouldn't consider standing up for your rights a wrong or easy thing to do. It seems you disagree with his stance, why?
3. What is the millions in expenses that he has left others that you speak of?

Not trying to start anything but just want to understand where some of these statements came from. I only have what I've been told by those who want me to know their view. It would be nice to hear what a fellow rancher in the area has to say.

V/R,

OldCrow

OldCrow":30h44p2a said:
1. Their are some harsh statements you made about the situation. He is fighting for his family and way of life which in turn helps other ranch and really any entrepreneur families, why do you feel different?
2. I wouldn't consider standing up for your rights a wrong or easy thing to do. It seems you disagree with his stance, why?

Not trying to start anything but just want to understand where some of these statements came from. I only have what I've been told by those who want me to know their view. It would be nice to hear what a fellow rancher in the area has to say.

V/R,

OldCrow

1. No, he wasn't there for his family or their way of life. They were there to "support" another rancher who was sent to prison. They took over a government facility and brought their guns. When you bring guns, you are making a statement, because as we all know, guns in that type of a situation only mean one thing.

2.What rights were they standing up for? The Bundy family is a bunch of moochers, and are no worse than those most on here rail against for being on welfare. Whether you think that paying for access to BLM land is correct or not, that is not the question. It's like paying taxes, we all have to do it whether we agree or not. They were breaking the law in Utah, and they came to Oregon to break the law as well. This gentleman that was shot, was there supporting the Bundy clan as much as he was "supporting" the other family, which those folks didn't even want.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/oregon-ranc ... ccupation/

As for the damage, a simple google search will illustrate what they did. Allegedly, it was $6M worth, but we all know how those things sometimes get calculated.

3. When you flee from police, sometimes you get shot. I wonder if the rancher had been a black man what the response on here would be. I have seen post after post about how if the black guys in the videos had done what police had asked that they'd be alive still. If this guy hadn't fled from law enforcement, or if he had stayed home, he wouldn't be dead.

Bestoutwest":2ab44yb4 said:
OldCrow":2ab44yb4 said:

V/R,

OldCrow

1. No, he wasn't there for his family or their way of life. They were there to "support" another rancher who was sent to prison. They took over a government facility and brought their guns. When you bring guns, you are making a statement, because as we all know, guns in that type of a situation only mean one thing.

2.What rights were they standing up for? The Bundy family is a bunch of moochers, and are no worse than those most on here rail against for being on welfare. Whether you think that paying for access to BLM land is correct or not, that is not the question. It's like paying taxes, we all have to do it whether we agree or not. They were breaking the law in Utah, and they came to Oregon to break the law as well. This gentleman that was shot, was there supporting the Bundy clan as much as he was "supporting" the other family, which those folks didn't even want.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/oregon-ranc ... ccupation/

As for the damage, a simple google search will illustrate what they did. Allegedly, it was $6M worth, but we all know how those things sometimes get calculated.

3. When you flee from police, sometimes you get shot. I wonder if the rancher had been a black man what the response on here would be. I have seen post after post about how if the black guys in the videos had done what police had asked that they'd be alive still. If this guy hadn't fled from law enforcement, or if he had stayed home, he wouldn't be dead.

Best, I think Old Crow is talking about the Lavoy video and you are talking about the protest. Make sure you two are on the same page!

Comment on Item 3. If Lavoy were a black man, the folks supporting Lavoy would be preaching that it was obvious he was going for a gun. Just normal human bias. Whether he was or not based on the OP video, I don't know.

Bright Raven":1otjfbdf said:
Best, I think Old Crow is talking about the Lavoy video and you are talking about the protest. Make sure you two are on the same page!

Comment on Item 3. If Lavoy were a black man, the folks supporting Lavoy would be preaching that it was obvious he was going for a gun. Just normal human bias. Whether he was or not based on the OP video, I don't know.

I tried my best. I "answered" each one of his points, the numbers correlate with each other's posts.

Bestoutwest":3tay4hp6 said:
Bright Raven":3tay4hp6 said:

I tried my best. I "answered" each one of his points, the numbers correlate with each other's posts.

Ok. I might be wrong. But I thought Old Crow was referencing the video in the OP. That incident is isolated to Mr. Finicum. Your first point references the protest of ranchers. In both item 1. And Item 2. You use the term "they". Am I getting it wrong?

Bright Raven":14ie3k61 said:
Bestoutwest":14ie3k61 said:
Bright Raven":14ie3k61 said:

Ok. I might be wrong. But I thought Old Crow was referencing the video in the OP. That incident is isolated to Mr. Finicum. Your first point references the protest of ranchers. In both item 1. And Item 2. You use the term "they". Am I getting it wrong?

Finicum was at the protest, which was "supporting" the other ranchers. Does that not include him into the "they" category?

Bestoutwest":38ge28k0 said:
Bright Raven":38ge28k0 said:
Bestoutwest":38ge28k0 said:

Finicum was at the protest, which was "supporting" the other ranchers. Does that not include him into the "they" category?

Ok. I understand. Sorry. The video of the confrontation was focused on Mr. Finicum as him being isolated at that time and the narrator focusing on the travel line of the motor car he was traveling in. Thanks. I was wondering because of the way Old Crow worded his questions to Gimpyrancher if he also was focusing on the confrontation as He (Mr. Finicum) not they.

Bright Raven":2pzt3dfn said:
Bestoutwest":2pzt3dfn said:
Bright Raven":2pzt3dfn said:

Ok. I understand. Sorry. The video of the confrontation was focused on Mr. Finicum as him being isolated at that time and the narrator focusing on the travel line of the motor car he was traveling in. Thanks. I was wondering because of the way Old Crow worded his questions to Gimpyrancher if he also was focusing on the confrontation as He (Mr. Finicum) not they.

Yeah, I tried watching the video, but it was too tin-foil hat for me. I stopped at the putting the road block on the corner so he wouldn't be able to slow down. We're too quick to use "human error" for anyone other than medical doctors and law enforcement when it comes to mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes. I'm sure their thought that morning wasn't "I want to go shoot me some protestors." It's unfortunate, but Finicum put himself in the situation by being a part of the protest.

Bestoutwest":9mssj2kj said:
Bright Raven":9mssj2kj said:
Bestoutwest":9mssj2kj said:

Yeah, I tried watching the video, but it was too tin-foil hat for me. I stopped at the putting the road block on the corner so he wouldn't be able to slow down. We're too quick to use "human error" for anyone other than medical doctors and law enforcement when it comes to mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes. I'm sure their thought that morning wasn't "I want to go shoot me some protestors." It's unfortunate, but Finicum put himself in the situation by being a part of the protest.

I agree. Many will not. That is what makes it a contest. In the Castile thread, we have a black victim. He was going for a gun. In the Finicum case, he is white. So the officers were out to kill him.

They weren't there to support the Bundy family. They were originally there to support the Hammond. The Bundy deal is questionable. The Hammonds is absolutely a miscarriage of justice. They had served their time but the government didn't think they got a big enough penalty so they charged them with a domestic terrorist charge. Their crime was they had a controlled burn get away and burn 139 acres of federal sage brush. Later they set a back fire to stop a wildfire from burning their range land. That back fire burned one acre of federal sage brush. For this they got 5 years after already serving a year for the same act. 140 acres is a county that is bigger than 6 of the states in this country that has a population less than 10,000.

Also an FBI agent has been indited this week in Portland for lying during the investigation into the Finicum shooting. If he is convicted it will go a long ways toward proofing what the others in Finicum's pickup said about the FBI shooting at them before Finicum got out of the vehicle. The FBI agent said he never fired a shot but there are a couple of unaccounted for bullet holes in the pickup. Ones which he is accused of putting there.

Dave":3f1zw4di said:
Also an FBI agent has been indited this week in Portland for lying during the investigation into the Finicum shooting. If he is convicted it will go a long ways toward proofing what the others in Finicum's pickup said about the FBI shooting at them before Finicum got out of the vehicle. The FBI agent said he never fired a shot but there are a couple of unaccounted for bullet holes in the pickup. Ones which he is accused of putting there.

Slick provided the link on the first page.

Bright Raven":2l2e6b4y said:
Dave":2l2e6b4y said:

That is what I get for skipping ahead......

Dave":36dyjhhk said:
Bright Raven":36dyjhhk said:
Dave":36dyjhhk said:

That is what I get for skipping ahead......
:D
I read that link. I didn't closely but the holes are in the roof. If I was that bad of a shot, I might lie too.

Latest posts