"interesting day at work" or "what would you have done"

Help Support CattleToday:

Ok Hooknline, you asked for an opinion, so heaven help us with the one that follows. First off, u were dealing with a turd, but you have to admit their have been times when contractors have done things that were not up to par.

We had dealings with a fellow pressure washing on a business next to ours, dont know what he was using but the overspray in the air drifted over on to a customers new BMW convertable. That cloth top was changing colors in front of your eyes...and yes I did shut off his machine. When it was all said and done, and after it was going to trial, it got settled out of court.

So was their anything you could have did to diffuse this fella, probably not. If you stay in biz long enough , something like this is likely to happen again, So here is a possible solution discussed in our situation.
Keep some of your product sheets, that OSHA requires handy. You can pass that along to the offended party along, with a business card that should read that you are bonded and insured . Most sane people will figured that if you have gone to this trouble, that you know what your doing and not a knucklehead.

HC, i did explain to him whats the OSHA stance on chlorine exposure levels is, what the EPA does about spills and how far they dilute them, and told him i was insured and this wasnt my first rodeo.
Thats what calmed him diwn the first time he went into his house. Before he came back out and shut my equip off.
I did print out a few copies of the msds sheets to keep in the truck as well now too. Thx

My husband is in the mobile home business. He says he would rather the homeowner not be there when work is done. I mean leveling a mobile can involve the use of sledge hammer and some really long screws. If the owner is there to see that they don't understand what's happening. He has one customer that had a fit because the crews are all Hispanic and she didn't like it that the crew was talking in spanish. They all speak English but they were just talking to themselves. She said she didn't want those fing Mexicans there. Steve told her that he could not find a crew willing to do the work that were not mexicans... They all agreed to only speak English when they returned...

hooknline said:
They leave and crazy f er goes back in. Them cops get there. The dude gets an attitude with the cops and gets his azz arrested for interfering with a contracted job ( a chargeable offense).
As he is led away he says hes going to sue me.

Hook, sounds like you were dealing with a nut job. You showed restraint by keeping your hands in your pocket- I assume you had your concealed carry permit with you! Watch out for any and all nut jobs, no telling what they are capable of.

Fly-guy":1j1boebo said:
hooknline":1j1boebo said:
They leave and crazy f er goes back in. Them cops get there. The dude gets an attitude with the cops and gets his azz arrested for interfering with a contracted job ( a chargeable offense).
As he is led away he says hes going to sue me.

Hook, sounds like you were dealing with a nut job. You showed restraint by keeping your hands in your pocket- I assume you had your concealed carry permit with you! Watch out for any and all nut jobs, no telling what they are capable of.
Ccw got put away once the popo showed up