Interested in Murray Greys

Help Support CattleToday:

KYBrown

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm not new to this site but I'm newly registered to post/comment, and it feels great to contribute!

I'm located in South Central KY and after researching and reading your posts and comments on the breed, I've grown very interested in Murray Greys. I've got a lot of love and respect for several breeds, but I've got my heart set on getting some Greys. Does anyone know of any reputable breeders of quality Greys close to me? I'm not having any luck on my own. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
KYBrown

i think there web site has breeder contacts that are grouped by state i think because i looked at indiana and we had 4 breeders in our state if that helps David

KYBrown":3dig1i9p said:
Hello all, I'm not new to this site but I'm newly registered to post/comment, and it feels great to contribute!

I'm located in South Central KY and after researching and reading your posts and comments on the breed, I've grown very interested in Murray Greys. I've got a lot of love and respect for several breeds, but I've got my heart set on getting some Greys. Does anyone know of any reputable breeders of quality Greys close to me? I'm not having any luck on my own. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
KYBrown

Yes, check out the Piney River Cattle Co - not too far from Nashville I believe, so I don't know how far that is from
you. http://www.pineyrivercattleco.com

Thanks Dave & OK Jeanne, I had looked up breeders by state and had no luck as far as contacting people, and I forgot I'd found Piney River a few months ago. They're more than 2 hours away from us, but if they end up being the closest we may head down there to check them out. I don't know that I'm completely sold on their animals yet.

Do you have any kind opinion on them OK Jeane? I want to start with the best quality I can.

KYBrown

I have never seen their cattle. I know they brought in a herd from NY about 2 yrs ago - from Herondale Farm. They bought
3 bulls from us 2 yrs ago. Here's how they looked when they left:

Lakota1.jpg

Silas1.jpg

pride1.jpg

I would like to see some of their calves - and know how they look now. If you go down there,
please send me some photos! :D

I might know where you could find some 1/2 blood young bulls, reg. angus cross.

Sizmic

Hi...
my husband and I are Murray Grey breeders. My husband is very knowledgeable about the breed... and anything to do with it. He also serves on the AMGA (American Murray Grey Association ) look up bullschmitt cattle Co in your search engine. We may not be close to you but we sure can help you in anyway possible! Our contact info is on our website!
take care

Latest posts