Interest rates on farm loans.

Help Support CattleToday:

Stepper

Reaction score
I am looking into buying some more land. I have 160 acres that i would like to try and buy. But the best interest rate i have found so far is a fixed 8.2% for 15 years.

Now farm credit will go 7.1% if you live on the property. Has anyone recently got or know of a better interest rate. Or anytype of farm loans where a person can beat this ?

A friend of mine told me that when he sold his turkey farm just recently to a laotion fella he got a goverment loan with 1 % interest. So i got to checking arround and yes all of the refugees who are currently moving here to this area are buying farms with goverment loans at 1 % interest.

That must be nice to be able to borrow money at that rate ?

Government charged me 5%. I guess it doesnt pay to be a citizen paying taxes.

Farm Credit is about the best I have seen around here.

PS: Laotion -- Took me a minute to figure out what you were
talking about.

3MR,

Are you a laotion ? And no it does not pay to be a citizen paying taxes. If i could figure out a way to leave the U.S. and come back as a refugee, imigrant or what ever to get the benifits they do. I would.

What really sucks is the kids of tax paying citizens dont benifit as much as the refugees, imigrants, and the rest of what our goverment sees fit to give our tax dollars to.

Latest posts