Insulated blue jeans

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot

Reaction score
I don't own any insulated bibs, or coveralls. I feel restricted in them. When it gets this cold, I usually just wear my leggins over my blue jeans. I can move in them, almost as well as just having on blue jeans. Years ago, I had some Filson double tin pants. Those crazy things are over $200 now. I just aint paying that. Does somebody know of an affordable pair of insulated blue jeans?

slick4591":3u8mlurg said:
I wear an insulated bib myself. I just looked at Amazon and saw some jeans I'd never seen before.

Prices aren't bad at all either...if they last as long as good Wranglers do.
I have some insulated bibs but I really prefer just the regular full insulated coveralls, but my insulated coveralls have gotten pretty thin and are more patches than coverall.

I'd rather wear layers. Then I can shed them as needed or put them back on. Last week it was 18 in the mornings and 70 in the afternoon then back to 50 before I got off work.

kenny thomas":2w7jpaez said:
Duluth Trading Company has some very comfortable ones.

I just ordered some from Duluth as they were on sale.
https://www.duluthtrading.com/store/men ... or=content

I bought the hanger bender shirtjac from them and it is awesome.
Wore it last night while shoveling a driveway with just a t-shirt on underneath.
Was good for about 30 mins and temp was around 5-10 degrees.

I did hear that Menard's has lined jeans for under $20.
https://www.menards.com/main/home-decor ... 469&ipos=4

Filson motto, "you might as well have the best." I use to wear out a pair of those Filson tin pants about every other year. But I worn them nearly every day from October to April. I figure if you really spend time outdoors they are worth the money. One of my next purchases in bad weather clothing is going to be a Filson tin packer's coat.

greybeard":4xhgs0x9 said:
slick4591":4xhgs0x9 said:
I wear an insulated bib myself. I just looked at Amazon and saw some jeans I'd never seen before.

Prices aren't bad at all either...if they last as long as good Wranglers do.
I have some insulated bibs but I really prefer just the regular full insulated coveralls, but my insulated coveralls have gotten pretty thin and are more patches than coverall.
Since the price of cowboy cuts have went through the roof..mine stay in the drawers the majority of the time..I wear the wrangler regular fits from Walmart to work
in around here... 16 bucks a pair,as opposed to nearly 40..

If you're secure enough in your masculinity to try it, pantyhose under jeans add good warmth with very little bulk. It's too much trouble if you aren't going to be out in the weather all day, and I haven't done it since I reached a point where I could afford insulated overalls, but it works.

Under armor and some of the other brands make some great long john type underwear to put under your jeans. They actually fit well and are not restrictive at all. I will never go back to the wallmart, fruit of the loom, junk.

It doesn't get cold enough here but our guys that work ND say if it gets really bad up there they put the UA stuff under their insulated bibs but they said it has to be REALLY cold or they will burn you out.

TennesseeTuxedo":ifmhrhej said:
Wrangler makes a good insulated jean. Order a size up from your normal size.
there Is a store in Branson that sell seconds ,most of the time I can't even find what's wrong with them, but you can buy the Wrangler insulated jean at a real good price. If you ever go to Branson I know a lot of people do.

Craig Miller":1c1f5po4 said:
I'd rather wear layers. Then I can shed them as needed or put them back on. Last week it was 18 in the mornings and 70 in the afternoon then back to 50 before I got off work.

Same as it will start out cold and be short sleeve by the afternoon most of the time.
We are having winter this year supposed to be 14 tonight. I have seen it colder but not many times.
In 83 got down to 2 and stayed below freezing here for 10 or 11 days.
I don't know how people up north didn't become extinct that winter.

Caustic Burno":329a4plb said:
The smart ones do like the birds and head south for the winter

I love the Carhartt flannel lined jeans, the brown ones. Tough as nails and super comfortable. Just get the next size up. Sierra trading Post sells factory seconds really cheap I just got a couple pairs for $20 can't find a thing wrong with them

Caustic Burno":1n3ndwg2 said:
Craig Miller":1n3ndwg2 said:

Same as it will start out cold and be short sleeve by the afternoon most of the time.
We are having winter this year supposed to be 14 tonight. I have seen it colder but not many times.

The coldest it got here at my house that time was 6 above, on Christmas morning.

About 2 days before Christmas 1989 it got down to 1 above, which is the coldest I remember. We had just moved into the house we're still living in a week before. I'd let water drip in all the faucets, inside and out, so the pipes wouldn't freeze. Unfortunately I never thought about the P-trap for the shower, which is under the house. It froze up during the night and flooded the whole back of the house, and my wife was 8-1/2 months pregnant with our first. Fun times.

Rafter S":5qmpzz69 said:
Caustic Burno":5qmpzz69 said:
Craig Miller":5qmpzz69 said:

The coldest it got here at my house that time was 6 above, on Christmas morning.

About 2 days before Christmas 1989 it got down to 1 above, which is the coldest I remember. We had just moved into the house we're still living in a week before. I'd let water drip in all the faucets, inside and out, so the pipes wouldn't freeze. Unfortunately I never thought about the P-trap for the shower, which is under the house. It froze up during the night and flooded the whole back of the house, and my wife was 8-1/2 months pregnant with our first. Fun times.

Rafter weather service records show -4 here in 1930 and -2 1951.
That had to be some sure enough bad winters up north.

ohiosteve":2e6gl2p6 said:
I love the Carhartt flannel lined jeans, the brown ones. Tough as nails and super comfortable. Just get the next size up. Sierra trading Post sells factory seconds really cheap I just got a couple pairs for $20 can't find a thing wrong with them

I've got a pair of these on right now. They are warm as bibs and as comfortable as pajama pants.

Latest posts