Inline Hay Trailers

Help Support CattleToday:

Lucky

Reaction score
Anybody got an inline single dump hay trailer? If so what brand and do you think it saves time over a flat-deck gooseneck trailer.

I would like to here this and how can it save over a float. I still have to use the tractor to move hay. What other use does the trailer have? Deckovers are called floats here.

Depends on your haul distance. Short distances you can haul more. But if I'm going more than 10 miles I'm hauling as many bales as I can. Which equates to a 32' dovetail.

I regularly use a couple of different ones, one is a Red Rhino, not sure what brand the other one is offhand. Both are supposed to be 42' I believe - they'll haul 11 four foot bales, but about 6" of the last bale hangs off the end. They still sit firmly enough that they're not going to come out accidentally. We haul most of our hay about 16 miles. I can comfortably haul 12 bales on our 26' flatbed, but the extra time spent loading, strapping, unstrapping and unloading means I can haul 3 loads with the hay trailer in the time it takes to haul 2 with the flatbed.

About the only other thing we've used one for is hauling pipe, but I've seen them hauling any number of long things, like tin horns and roof trusses. But if you have much hay to move you won't regret owning one.

Best thing since sliced bred IMO. With us having multiple properties to hit it's the only way to go. It's not possible to have a tractor or each end. Tieing chains to pull them off and stuff is a bunch on nonsense. It's amazing how fast you can whip, dump the hay, and go.

Hay Van has always been the benchmark around here and they have alot of options. Goosekneck, Go- Bob and several others all have individual dump, inlines also. There are also some big, dual row, individual dumps.

I remember when we first got round bales when I was a kid. We fed one winter dragging them off trailers and my dad was like this is for the birds. We bought our first inline dump right after that and never looked back.

Anybody got a picture of one of these inline dumps you're talking about? Sometimes there is a language barrier between Texas and here so if I'm gonna learn something it's best to make sure I'm picturing things right.
We use what I call a bale mover, but what the dealers call an accumulator I believe.

The one above is an inline that dumps them all at once.

These are the inline individual dumps. Have van has gn and bumper pulls from like 2-5 bales. You can put the bumper pulls behind the goosenecks also and pull quite a few. Around here during the winter you will see a lot of the yellow, hay van, caravans going down the road.

http://www.gooseneck.net/gooseneck-trailers-5-bale-haymaster.html

Here is a flyer for the hay van brand trailers.

https://www.wctractor.com/fckimages/pdf/price_sheets/Bale%20Trailers%20and%20Movers.pdf

I bought a shop built bumper hitch flat bed for $60 at an auction, and then put air bags on my K1500. It hauls 11 bales. Worked really well till the truck tranny went out.

Go Bob makes individual dump trailers too, but we don't see many of those around here. They would definitely be the better deal if you needed it to feed with, but if you're mostly just moving hay the others will haul more and load and unload faster. Just depends on what you need to do with it.

I've got an EZHaul 42' made by T&B. I agree that longer distances probably warrant a flatbed. But for working within my 15 mile radius I don't know how I ever got by without it. I haul around 600 bales a year and it is wonderful to not worry about having a tractor on both ends.

Been using one of these for years, wouldn't be without one again. This one is about 3 years old I think.
z2zyv.jpg

We have a hayboss 36' Which hauls 9 4' bales or 7 5' bales it has a hydraulic dump. Before purchasing this I used a 36' hay express basically same thing just a manual dump. I went with the hydraulic for my dad or the kids to use, it's a lot safer and doesn't require much strength. Before we hauled with a 36' dual tandem that would haul 17 4x6 bales at a time we have used both together on a 26 mi haul and it basically was a wash. Wouldn't haul hay any other way unless it was a very long distance.

Always thought the online trailers looked pretty slick. They dont seem very popular yet in my area but they are gaining. When I downsized in trucks from a one ton to my half ton I had to find another way to haul hay so I went with a bale transporter. Has the tricycle wheels in the front. Love the fact that I can haul as many bales as I use to on my deck over trailer, just can't go as far. Pull 11 5x5 or as many as 13 4x5 at one time with a half ton, 35 mph. I can't get pictures up but mine is a J.B.M. manufacturing.

Moved 100 rolls yesterday. Took me 5 hours. Could have cut an hour off of that if I had some help to drive either the truck or tractor.

uplandnut said:
Always thought the online trailers looked pretty slick. They dont seem very popular yet in my area but they are gaining. When I downsized in trucks from a one ton to my half ton I had to find another way to haul hay so I went with a bale transporter. Has the tricycle wheels in the front. Love the fact that I can haul as many bales as I use to on my deck over trailer, just can't go as far. Pull 11 5x5 or as many as 13 4x5 at one time with a half ton, 35 mph. I can't get pictures up but mine is a J.B.M. manufacturing.

Please post a picture when you're able. I'm interested in looking into them. Is it for hauling only or is it a feeder wagon also?

TennesseeTuxedo said:
JMJ Farms said:
Moved 100 rolls yesterday. Took me 5 hours. Could have cut an hour off of that if I had some help to drive either the truck or tractor.

Slick setup.

It works really well. And I don't know of a faster way. There's just a lot of work in hay. Or should I say time. It's not hard, but you have to load it, haul it, dump it, stack it, handle it again when feeding. Again, not hard work, but takes a lot of time.

I really appreciate my inline trailer. Growing up we didn't own a tractor, and we would go to the field with a 10' lawnmower trailer, back up to a bale, and let down the ramp. My 2 brothers and I would roll one up the ramp. Let the ramp up and repeat. Then we would haul it about 10 miles. Two bales at the time takes forever. And that was work. Sure slept good though.

Latest posts