injection question

Help Support CattleToday:

kathy

Reaction score
looking over some of the older posts is prompting me to ask what can happen if you inject into a vein by accident with 8-way? anything?

Kathy, I can't help you with this one. I'm sure there are members who can and will, but in the meantime I can only suggest calling your vet and asking him/her.

I'm not familiar with any 7-way or 8-way that can't be given SQ. How could you be worried about getting that into a vein? But, I guess that doesn't really answer your question, huh?

If you don't want to call your vet or call the manufacturer of the product you used, I guess you could go to Valley Vet and read all of the labels for each product and see if there's any warnings. At the bottom of each product, under Additional Information, just click on the Manufacturer/Label Information.

http://www.valleyvet.com/ct_product_gro ... B0D0204AE5

I think most reactions would be some type of (sp) Anaphalaxia. Basically shock. Most lables call for administering Epenefrin. Like Texan said read the lables and if you still have questions always, never hesitate, to ask a vet or the manufacturer.

Scotty

this actually hasn't happened to me just wondering what could happen if you accidently got a vein. I find that the experience here on this board is invaluable, and alot easier accessed than the vet sometime. Thanks!

Like others have said, I would think it might result in anaphalatic shock; however, to be certain I would check with a vet for possible reactions.

We give all our shots SQ, in the neck, and normally aspirate before injecting. In other words, I insert the needle under the skin, pull back on the plunger slighty, and if I see blood being drawn up into the syringe, I remove needle and try another spot.

i could see where that would be good practice especially for someone who is not expert at vaccinating

kathy":2pp2wrjk said:
looking over some of the older posts is prompting me to ask what can happen if you inject into a vein by accident with 8-way? anything?
If nothing could happen there wouldn't be precautions against it.

Latest posts