Injecting Bales With Liquid Feed

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
We're almost out of good hay and we've got some poor hay that the cows don't really eat to well. Has anyone here ever injected hat with a liquid feed? How did it work out? We're getting some done this Thursday to give it a try. This is what's being used.

Chief Dirtyface":2qbf9x79 said:
We're almost out of good hay and we've got some poor hay that the cows don't really eat to well. Has anyone here ever injected hat with a liquid feed? How did it work out? We're getting some done this Thursday to give it a try. This is what's being used.

I have never used liquid feed I have used molasses in 2011 during the drought. I turned the bales on end and poured the molasses down the center of the bale. They cleaned up the poor hay I was supplementing feed I needed something to fill them up.

Chief Dirtyface":1kakbnn2 said:
I'd just put a lick tank out and fill it up with the liquid. They'll eat the hay.

I've heard of people using loose salt just take em of salt/mineral and throw handfuls over the bales they'll eat it to get the salt

We poured bales last year. We just dumped a full 5 gal bucket of the stuff over the top (on end), and let it sit for an hour, then fed it. They cleaned up every drop that way. Cows would not eat the hay otherwise.
This year I tested everything before I bought it, did not want to deal with that again.

TexasBred":2xojs8yq said:
Chief Dirtyface":2xojs8yq said:
I'd just put a lick tank out and fill it up with the liquid. They'll eat the hay.

I have found that true using the old CLS recipe. That is no longer available here
tried mix 30 didn't make them clean up the hay.

Latest posts