Inheritance

Help Support CattleToday:

TxCoUnTrYbOy

Reaction score
ok, several years ago my great uncle died, he was a millionaire and head engineer of Merck Pharmaceuticals (thats gotta be spelled wrong). before he died, he told my parents that when he died we wouldnt have to worry about money ever again, which would mean at least a million. its been several years, and we have gotten no money. money isnt the important part, but its part of the story. we would much rather have my great uncle around and have no money. his wife is still alive, but she has never been able to handle money, so her daughter takes care of it for her. that is why we havent gotten any. turns out her daughter (my moms cousin) is trying to use ALL of my great uncles money to buy some big huge mansion. this includes all of the money that was left to other people in his Will and all my great aunts money. this bothers me a lot. this woman and her mother have always been really close and now they wont even talk to each other. its tearing up my great aunt not being close to her daughter. it really pisses me off that someone could be so greedy when they are already filthy rich and just dont want to spend their own money to buy a house. it pisses me off that she is putting money before family. it pisses me off that anyone could hurt their mother this much...

as far as the legal matters go concerning wills and promises of this nature, the longer you wait, the less likely you are to get any money. if you are written into an actual will you should be able to get some still. if youre not AND its been several years, good luck wth that. as far as the relationships go, theyve already been shot to hell. you cant really teach anyone like that anything but she'll get whats coming to her one day. you only get one momma, be good to her while you got her b/c one day even she wont be here. she'll realize that one day, sadly it will probably be too late, but if that doesnt teach her something nothing will.

TxCoUnTrYbOy":pwjwrk3a said:
the womans husband is a very well known attorney, but i dont think he will help us...
Is he the only Attorney in Texas????? Nooooo!!!!!!!!

What did the will actually say? If you're not sure, more than likely it's because your part of the family wasn't in it. Not at all uncommon for a man to leave everything to his wife and daughter.

You say that money is not the important part, but it IS the first thing you mentioned. If the money really is important, get your hands on a copy of that will! He must have felt good about his executor doing the right thing or he would have made sure that you had a copy. Assuming you are in it, of course.

Texan":3ls91rec said:
What did the will actually say? If you're not sure, more than likely it's because your part of the family wasn't in it. Not at all uncommon for a man to leave everything to his wife and daughter.

i have to admit this was my first thought, too. it's not very common for someone to leave money to nieces & nephews when there is a spouse &/or child(ren) left.

Whoa I went back and read the post again if it's not stated in a will and you don't have a copy or know where it was probated sounds like your SOL. Just because an old Uncle said something doesn't mean diddle. Old people make lots of promises with good intentions. After your Uncles death his will had to be probated somewhere.