Information on breeding herd options

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Hello,

I have 2 Brangus bulls which I have crossed to Beefmaster Cows and have had good results with the cross's beautiful calves and good market weights.

The question :?: is I am considering enlarging my breeding herd and am considering the following herd options which include my Brangus bulls. or cross Brangus/Beefmaster bulls which I have three at present.

The cow options are as follows;

1. Gelbvieh
2. Charolais
3. Santa Gertrudis
4. Simbrah

All related input appreciated, if you have any of these breeds any or stock you may have for sale send me the prices. All information will be appreciated I live in the Big Thicket of east Texas and prefer not to travel to china to get the cows, as everything seems to be from china in any store.

God Bless

Gene

[email protected]

Our neighbor is having a disperal sale soon of a large herd of Charlois. If you want more information I will try to get it for you.

I would prefer the Charolais. They have a more well bred look " less throat, navel and are squarer made " .

What is wrong with the Beefmaster cows there are alot of people in east Texas using Beefmaster bulls and having great success You need to make sure that you buy bulls that come from a solid background and are performance tested

Kosranch":392x8g7r said:
Hello,

I have 2 Brangus bulls which I have crossed to Beefmaster Cows and have had good results with the cross's beautiful calves and good market weights.

The question :?: is I am considering enlarging my breeding herd and am considering the following herd options which include my Brangus bulls. or cross Brangus/Beefmaster bulls which I have three at present.

The cow options are as follows;

1. Gelbvieh
2. Charolais
3. Santa Gertrudis
4. Simbrah

All related input appreciated, if you have any of these breeds any or stock you may have for sale send me the prices. All information will be appreciated I live in the Big Thicket of east Texas and prefer not to travel to china to get the cows, as everything seems to be from china in any store.

God Bless

Gene

[email protected]

If you are happy with your cross why do you want to change.
If you decide to change i will suggest Simmental or Simbrah

Personally, I would go with Santa Gertrudis...But I am a breeder of course! The Gerts that I have ultrasounded the last 2 years have graded choice with marbling, and also had an average of .1" backfat. Lean with marbling...the best of both worlds. And, you can cross this with Brangus to keep a little ear while getting the advantages they have from the Angus.

Latest posts