Information for Southerners

Help Support CattleToday:

Angus Cowman

Reaction score
the Great State of Mental Distress ( Florida)
I was watching the Weather Channel and they said Ga., Miss.,and Ala. was supposed to get SNOW

so The white stuff falling from the sky is Not an Airplane losing it cargo of cocaine so don't try to snort it

The world is NOT coming to an end

you CAN drive on the roads just slow down and use some caution

it will be gone in a few hrs or at least by tomorrow

and no 2 inches of snow is not a blizzard

so just sit back and enjoy it

Good luck and try not to freeze to death :lol:

And to our northern neighbors, come and get your winter! We've used all of it that we can stand!

Its cold here with snow.I wish Misty Moonlite would take the free gifts back that she sent us.
We don't need it or like it. Brrrrr.

Calman":312lgn2r said:
Dunn and AC I'll bet yall be glad when the dogwood blooms. :lol: :lol:

Cal

I'll just settle more less radicul weather. A couple of days in the 70s last week, 4 1/2 inches of snow yesterday, 9 degrees this morning. I've just had all the fun that I can stand for one winter.

It is snowing at my place right now. I don't like snow. I had to work in it to many times.
Tom

Can only wish it would do anything that resemebles precipitation. But dang, I thing 32 is colder today than it was last month. Just remember, at least one more cold spell around Easter then your out of the woods.

Hasn't snowed here in over 20 years but if it does its going to be a mess. I think our area will just shut down. I have a sled in the garage and am ready. Of course finding a hill is going to be tough.

Jogeephus":21ne0dya said:
Hasn't snowed here in over 20 years but if it does its going to be a mess. I think our area will just shut down. I have a sled in the garage and am ready. Of course finding a hill is going to be tough.

Jo, I wished I was blessed with you problems. We have the hills and snow this morning but there is some rough ending at the bottom.

We've got lows predicted for the next few days in upper 20's lower 30's. It would be good if that was our last frosts of the season but not likely. We are getting some substantial -over 3" so far since yesterday- and much needed precip out of this front that's moving through. I just spread about 4 tons of fertilizer on a hayfield seeded in ryegrass Friday and it was wilting at the time.

dun":56srbqg3 said:
1982vett":56srbqg3 said:
Just remember, at least one more cold spell around Easter then your out of the woods.
BITE YOUR TONGUE!
Dun, that's fer us down here in the south. Figure it would probably be May fore you mountain folk are out of the woods. (if'n that happens) :p
Jogeephus":56srbqg3 said:
Looking at the radar this morning and it looked like wasn't to far from you. Course I understand about close in horseshoes, hand grenades, and precipitation.

Beginning to get the itch to fertilize too if I thought it would rain or could find a day when the wind wouldn't pick it up and blow it away. :x Corn farmer up the road was running wide open this week. Wonder if he knows something other than; it won't come up if it ain't in the ground? :shock:

Jogeephus":56srbqg3 said:
ga. prime":56srbqg3 said:
:D Gotta get lucky once in a while!

Speaking for myself only, I'll take luck over skill any day of the week. :nod:

I don't know, after last years luck and the way this year is shaping up, I believe I'm ready to try skill again. :lol:

1982vett":1rfw8pmg said:
I don't know, after last years luck and the way this year is shaping up, I believe I'm ready to try skill again.

Speaking only for myself, but some of us don't have any of this and have to rely on luck. :oops:

Jogeephus":24gxkjbm said:
1982vett":24gxkjbm said:
I don't know, after last years luck and the way this year is shaping up, I believe I'm ready to try skill again.

Speaking only for myself, but some of us don't have any of this and have to rely on luck. :oops:
I tried skill once and I came up lacking so I just have to rely on Dumbluck

After seeing the current weather report showing us with an actual chance of rain I must digress back to the original point of this thread and that is snow. If it snows what are we to do? Roughly how long should I expect it to take before FEMA comes in with some help for us? If they don't or if they are slow, who are we to blame since Bush is no longer in office? I just want to be sure that blame the right person.

Latest posts