Info on "natural beef"

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I'm looking for articles or information on selling "natural beef." I need to know the rules and any tips on marketing. This is new to me. Thanks in advance for any help.
<br>
<br><hr size=4 width=75%><p>

[email protected]

Standards seem to be all over the place, all beef is natural, and is all safe, but some consumers will pay extra for knowing the place it came from. <p>Basics are no medications close to slaughter, safe handling of the carcass during slaughter and processing, and having a quality product. <p>Let your customers tell you what they want. They write the cheque so give them what they ask for. <p>Jason Trowbridge<br>Southern Angus Farms<br>Alberta Canada
<br>

[email protected]

Our farm (and our beef) is certified organic and I know one thing if you plan on marketing your beef, you need to contact USDA! They are very fusy about lableing, wording used on your lables and even in your advertising. When I was looking through the information from USDA for our lables I remember seeing something about stating that products are "natural", but since it didn't apply to us I didn't pay to much attention to it. Something important that we learned is if you are selling your meat before it goes to the butcher, weather it be by the cut, or quarter you don't need to have it inspected by USDA or need any labling. BUT if you sell it wholesale or retail, the meat MUST be inspected by USDA and have proper lableing on EVERY single package!<br>I don't have the name in front of me, for the person you would need to contact at USDA. If you would like I can get it for you, just e-mail me and let me know. Hope this helps, and good luck.<p>Jess<br>Peaceful Acres Farm<br>Pennsylvania<p>: I'm looking for articles or information on selling "natural beef." I need to know the rules and any tips on marketing. This is new to me. Thanks in advance for any help.<p>
<br>

[email protected]

Look into Laura's Lean Beef<br>This is a marketing group that feeds muscular<br>cattle without antibiotics or probiotics, they would be <br>able to tell you more about raising and feeding cattle<br>in a more natural setting, but this is not called "Organicly Grown"<br>There are a bunch of rules to follow if you are seeking that market<br>and it can be profitable but takes time and money to fit into that classification<p>Hope that Helped<br>
<br>

[email protected]

Latest posts