Info on frontier dm1270 disk mower

Help Support CattleToday:

callmefence

Keyboard cowboy
Reaction score
Picked one up at auction. Very little wear. Looks like it's slept by itself a few nights.
Having a hard time finding info on changing/ checking oil. I've got a fill plug and plugs at every disc. Not finding a drain or fluid check plug.
What oil??? Made by john deere??
Any info appreciated

That one looks like a solid one piece bar all the way across. Most of those have oil like that. Mine has grease, but is sectional.

Here is a manual for one almost like your model # as on page 52 tells all about lub. Drain bar and refill with 80w-90. It shows and tells how to drain.

That one looks like a solid one piece bar all the way across. Most of those have oil like that. Mine has grease, but is sectional.

Here is a manual for one almost like your model # as on page 52 tell all about lub. Drain bar and refill with 80w-90.

Yes..
I got thinking, doesn't make sense. So I went out back and found it.
KIMG0696.JPG

Got thinking, doesn't make sense.
Went out back and found it. I'm assuming bottom is drain and top is fill level. Do you know if jd blades will work??

KIMG0696.JPG

Check page 52 of the manual posted as it shows bar plug hole and refill hole. That looks like gear box plug you are showing.

I had a Frontier 18' tedder and it was a POS. John Deere sells the name brand but a neighbor had a Tedder John Deere and it sure was better than the Frontier I had.

Latest posts