Info on Dexter Cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I would like all the info on the Dexter Cattle. How much milk they give.
whats the Butter fat count,what is the birth wight. Are they good at caving. Can they stand the cold of the norther Minnesota winters. Are there good forgers for grass and are they pickey eaters.Any othere Info you think I my Need.
Thanks
Art Giles.

I've never milked any of my Dexters so I can't help you there. I love the efficiency of these little cows. They are easy to keep and don't seem to be in the least bit fussy about forage. As far as calving, I've never seen anything like them for calving ease. I have two 2year old cows who are 6 months along with thier 2nd calf. They breed very early and don't seem to have any problem. I had a new baby on the 1st and didn't even know he had been born for 2 days, couldn't tell any difference in his momma at all. It was her first one. They are about the size of a Doberman, and born without any trouble as far as I can tell. I wouldn't think they would have any problem with the winters up there, mine are very hardy, they have a barn, but never use it! Hope this helps a little bit.

i have had dexter cattle but ive never tried milking them. ive heard they have great milk but never tried it. i know they only require half an acre of grass per head, which is way below what full sized cattle require. they are supposed to calf VERY easily. not picky eaters, mine would eat anything he could.

Art":159qw5zj said:
I would like all the info on the Dexter Cattle. How much milk they give.
whats the Butter fat count,what is the birth wight. Are they good at caving. Can they stand the cold of the norther Minnesota winters. Are there good forgers for grass and are they pickey eaters.Any othere Info you think I my Need.
Thanks
Art Giles.

Go to this site:

http://www.dextercattle.org

Latest posts