Inflators Question

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
Noticed recently that the inflators on the back teats of my Jersey will suck air and make a squeeling noise.
we have had to kneel back there and hold them to get them to stop.
Have the belt holding the milking bucket up on the highest notch. If we lower it it gets worse.
We start out with it behind the hip bones and then bring one side in front of the hip bone. That has helped to stop it briefly.
Tried starting it out with the belt in front of the hip bones and we would lose the suction when the cow moves.
It is just the back ones.

The inflators are Surge inflators narrow bore and they have a flat top.
Had some old cushion top ones that seemed to work pretty good, but they were rotting.

Suggestions on this?
It is driving us crazy.

you might try changing your inflations an see if that stops the back teats from sucking air.is she off in her back teats or is she pretty level bagged.you may just have to stand there an push up on the milker to keep it from sucking air.been there an done that some.

Sometimes crossing them will help, left to right and right to left or one front on the back and the corresponding one on the front. I wonder if the vaccum might not be a just atick low

Always ued the IBA Square Vented Silicone Inflations...work great and last forever. Try attaching the claw to the teats from behind.

bigbull she is fairly level. The teats on the back are much smaller then the ones on the front.

Vaccum is good Dun. That was the first thing we checked.

Will see if we can do that tomorrow TB.

We had the same problem when we milked at home.
Our bucket had a handle that we could use to adjust the tilt of the claw and we were able to solve most of the problem by hanging the bucket so that the rear end tilted up into the cow.
I've also seen a guy with the same problem that lets the strap out some and moves it up over the cows back so that the machine hangs at a different angle under the cow.

None of the suggestions worked. Drat.

Guess I will be getting some new inflators and see if that does the trick.

if her backs teats are smaller than the front, they milk out quicker thus getting done quicker than the front, causing them to slip.

GMN

Replaced the inflators, the lifter and gasket in the claw along with the o-ring on top.

It quit squeeking