Indiana Governor Daniels r.e. Education

Help Support CattleToday:

john250

Reaction score
Among the things Gov. Daniels had to say about education in his State of the State speech:

"We ask so much of our teachers already. It is just not tolerable to make them put up with misbehavior and insubordination, to say nothing of profanity, physical threats, and the risk of legal harassment if they attempt to control the students under their authority. It is time Indiana said to its children, sit down and hush up; to their parents, if your child is causing trouble and harming some other student's education, take it up with your kid, not the teacher or principal. And to the lawyers, butt out; you expect order in the courts where you practice your profession, we are going to have order in the classrooms where our teachers practice theirs."

Good for him. I would like our governer to say something of that nature.

I know someone that teaches elementary school & she told me that if you even point at a student the teacher can get into trouble.

Scarey times when the students have free rein!

I know when I was a kid, we had to sit in the hall, or turn our desks around. If that didn't work we got into more trouble, even suspended. :secret:

john250":13uv2cb2 said:
Among the things Gov. Daniels had to say about education in his State of the State speech:

"We ask so much of our teachers already. It is just not tolerable to make them put up with misbehavior and insubordination, to say nothing of profanity, physical threats, and the risk of legal harassment if they attempt to control the students under their authority. It is time Indiana said to its children, sit down and hush up; to their parents, if your child is causing trouble and harming some other student's education, take it up with your kid, not the teacher or principal. And to the lawyers, butt out; you expect order in the courts where you practice your profession, we are going to have order in the classrooms where our teachers practice theirs."

Hey! Good post! :clap:

I like your governor. Wish that kind of backbone was in NC.

With an approach like that, he should be able to help the state in other areas as well.

Keep us updated on this guy. I'm sure that he is fighting an uphill battle.

HUS

I've worked with the Mitch campaign for the last two election cycles and he is the real deal. He's done alot for this state, and I have no doubt he will do a good job leading our state during this economic crisis. We love our governor!!

It's about time. All these civil rights and other PC crap is really getting old.

Lammie, I don't think Perry is too concerned with education. At least not until he turns every road in the state into a toll road and sells them to his buddies. :lol: :banana:

VanC":2dgeqnfa said:
I can't even remember what it's like to HAVE a governor!! :D

Yeah, but he has such great hair!

I feel the same way about our gov but he has been there 8 years now. He has good hair, too, BTW.

Lammie":txk1jwdf said:
VanC":txk1jwdf said:
I can't even remember what it's like to HAVE a governor!! :D

Yeah, but he has such great hair!

I feel the same way about our gov but he has been there 8 years now. He has good hair, too, BTW.

Mitch Daniels doesn't have much hair at all, he's short and he rides a Harley. (to compensate?)
He leased our toll road, instituted daylight savings and the school systems generally don't like him.
But, the budget is balanced and the state has a surplus, at least for a while.
He is entering his second term and has said he will never run for anything again. That probably explains a lot.

1982vett":3bnda9oa said:
I'm still thinking. . . . . . . . .
Dolph Briscoe? "Drive Friendly!" I always thought they should have put a "dammit" after that.

I know no one liked Ann Richards, but I was in the health and human services business at the time and she was always a friend to MHMR.

Latest posts