Incubating some eggs?

Help Support CattleToday:

3 live chickens today, out of 48 eggs. 6.25% success rate. Glad my cattle operation isn't going so poorly.

I printed the booklet, I'll study that before the next time. I'm going to get a way to measure humidity, and a new thermometer. Maybe that'll help.

That was my youngest little project. We have a small animal auction here about 6 times a year. A trio usually brings about $25. I've always wondered why they brought so much. I see now, it's no small feet to hatch some chickens, and get them up to layin size.

Bigfoot":3ueaxoo8 said:
3 live chickens today, out of 48 eggs. 6.25% success rate. Glad my cattle operation isn't going so poorly.

I printed the booklet, I'll study that before the next time. I'm going to get a way to measure humidity, and a new thermometer. Maybe that'll help.

That was my youngest little project. We have a small animal auction here about 6 times a year. A trio usually brings about $25. I've always wondered why they brought so much. I see now, it's no small feet to hatch some chickens, and get them up to layin size.

Once you get it down its not bad , I had a turner in mine so all I did was check the water levels every few days and monitor the temps.

Get or make a wet bulb thermometer. You should be able to find on the net a conversion for wet bulb humidty temperature to humidity.
Splurging the 5 or 10 bucks that a book on incubating eggs would be a good investment also

holm25":1dx2tjmg said:
How are your babies doing Bigfoot?

Doing good. Pretty well feather d out now. I weakened, and bought some chicks at Tsc about a week ago. Seemed like the fastest and easiest way to grow my herd :D

Thanks. I had three that quit developing after 15 days and one that pipped and never made it out so it shrink wrapped inside the shell. I bought a new unit that is only used as a hatcher and it's helped my hatch rate.

Latest posts