In Trouble Red angus on the way

Help Support CattleToday:

Beef11

Reaction score
I once heard that when a dairy farmer comes across some extra money he buys some better equipment or some new heifers or basically something useful like a CD or a money market account. When a Cowboy gets some money he usually spends it on the way home on either a racehorse or some magic beans oooh not to mention those silver spurs he's been eyeballing.

So i aggravated my cattle situation, I interviewed for a job out of state and put my duplex on the market (by owner). If that doesn't work I list it with a realtor despite my natural dislike for them. Anyway with the proceeds from the sale i've got big plans, i'm thinking Red Angus and maybe a polled hereford to put some chrome in the herd. Anyway I figure to buy a couple donors (considerably less than 57,000) but none the less good cattle and go from there. I figure i need a new saddle, and maybe a couple more expensive dogs (Basset hounds) oooh how could i forget i'm going to get a dang BIG aquarium for my front room then i can move my other big one to the bedroom with that i should get a few new fish maybe something alittle fancy. Back to the red angus I'm thinking in breeding for maternal excellence and balance. moderate frame great udders and long lasting money making cows, nothing real flashy just solid all around. I follow the stayability Epd but i don't know how much stock to put into that epd (any comments there?) Let me know what bloodlines you like/dislike. I've got some pedigree ideas to go after and stay away from i would appreciate any comments.

I notice that you say your uncle has used Basin Trend Setter. Is that correct? It is my understanding that no semen has been released at this time. I have been on a waiting list to purchase semen on the bull since his purchase and was not told that it has been released. Interesting.

I think he is referring to Red Brylor New Trend 22D who is Basin Trend Setter's sire.

I got some magic jumping beans for sale,only 2ooo per each! :lol:

Do they just jump? Or do they do other neat magical things? I would however be interested in a good treasure map, you know as an investment. Pay some for it now but look at the return on investment! I would like to get another stud horse No arabians. Maybe then i'll cut my other one. Ohhh I do need some more cattle equipment for ET work a new microscope, a bigger cryo tank maybe a couple tires for my truck without steel belts showing.

first things first, its my money. secondly i have alot of background in the area i am headed into. thirdly i have a long term plan. Oh dear oh dear i hope i'm not on that road.