In the cupboard!

Help Support CattleToday:

alisonb

Reaction score
Look what I found in the kitchen cupboard :shock: :oops: :lol:

So what's the worst you've seen come out of a cupboard or fridge? Last week I had one of the freezers go on the blink, all the meat defrosted but found it in time before it went off...I know you should not freeze it after it has defrosted but I did :help:

alisonb":w433zk6y said:
Look what I found in the kitchen cupboard :shock: :oops: :lol:

So what's the worst you've seen come out of a cupboard or fridge? Last week I had one of the freezers go on the blink, all the meat defrosted but found it in time before it went off...I know you should not freeze it after it has defrosted but I did :help:
did it attack you?

There are some things best not confessed to others. :lol: Although I have open the veggie drawer of the fridge and about gagged.

:lol: :lol:

It's a long deep dark awkward cupboard, don't like it much especially knowing that it can harbor all kinds of funny things. Had bought a new pocket of potatoes and was putting them in the cupboard and they didn't want to stand straight so stretched my hand into the corner and found the old bag but it felt sort of spongy and alive...it was scary :shock: . Took the bag outside and found all those tentacle thingies ready to strangle me....something out of The Day Of The Triffids :lol:

ALACOWMAN":1p77xv73 said:
reminds me.. i got some grits, i need to check for weevils...

keep your grits, cornmeal and flour in the fridge and you wont have to worry about weevils

Them taters aren't too bad, but when you pull open the vegetable drawer in the bottom of your refrigerator and it's fungus, and mold and spores oh my! is when ya got a problem..

We have a cellar under the house that we store long storage garden produce and a few canned goods and honey in. More than a few potatoes have sprouted there.
I also use it to ferment a batch or two of mead or wine in. Last summer I made a batch of persimmon mead in a six gallon glass carboy that I crammed an extra bunch of half frozen persimmon halves into as an afterthought. I forgot all about it for about three months until my daughter went down and came out in a panic. It seams as though a rather vigorous fermentation had turned those persimmons floating in the neck of that carboy into a less than lethal mortar round. Post eruption, the persimmon chunks proceeded to grow some fuzzy mold that grew to the size of a basketball on a few of the larger chunks. It was even hanging on the wall in a few places where the persimmons stuck.

We had the same thing happen in a closet one time only it was apricots and we heard it so it got cleaned up before the mold set in. One of my wife's favorite dresses is a white number that we call the apricot dress. It took a year or two before she had to wear perfume with that dress on. :lol:

As a long time bachelor who is a confessed lousy house keeper I can tell you that a few sprouted potatoes would be one of the milder things I have found. I cleaned out the frig the other day and found two half eaten packages of bacon. They had a nice green color to them but the dog didn't seem to mind. There was also a new unopened container of sour cream with a good until date in mid May..... of 2012.

cow pollinater":3rq4732w said:
We have a cellar under the house that we store long storage garden produce and a few canned goods and honey in. More than a few potatoes have sprouted there.
I also use it to ferment a batch or two of mead or wine in. Last summer I made a batch of persimmon mead in a six gallon glass carboy that I crammed an extra bunch of half frozen persimmon halves into as an afterthought. I forgot all about it for about three months until my daughter went down and came out in a panic. It seams as though a rather vigorous fermentation had turned those persimmons floating in the neck of that carboy into a less than lethal mortar round. Post eruption, the persimmon chunks proceeded to grow some fuzzy mold that grew to the size of a basketball on a few of the larger chunks. It was even hanging on the wall in a few places where the persimmons stuck.

We had the same thing happen in a closet one time only it was apricots and we heard it so it got cleaned up before the mold set in. One of my wife's favorite dresses is a white number that we call the apricot dress. It took a year or two before she had to wear perfume with that dress on. :lol:
Carefull--NSA or homeland security will be knocking at your door..

Latest posts