In the Black

Help Support CattleToday:

Slick I'm envious. I run a couple hundred head a year through chutes and still don't have a good one with a real AI gate. :lol: It's in the plans but I don't like red except on hide color. I see the hypocrisy in my ways as I turn down customers without proper facilities but I choose to ignore it.

We are going to set it up inside the barn and the biggest problem we face now is how to get it inside. Dad built a goat barn and the door is not high enough to get the tractor inside. I think you could say since we are serious on the hobby side of raising this breed, we can take a few more liberties with the calf money than others that do not have a main income.

BTW CP, you had told me about 5 months ago that you wanted to see the heifer at 2 years. She's the one that I just sold. Hopefully the guy will send pics cause I want to see her then too.

if you have a 4 wheeler you can back the squeeze chute into the barn.if not you can muscle it.did you not get the dolly with your squeeze chute.

cow pollinater":ehvdfikj said:
Slick I'm envious. I run a couple hundred head a year through chutes and still don't have a good one with a real AI gate. :lol: It's in the plans but I don't like red except on hide color. I see the hypocrisy in my ways as I turn down customers without proper facilities but I choose to ignore it.
Ever notice that a mechanic's car is always the one that runs like crap and the plumber's bathroom sink leaks?
Same thing.

bigbull338":390ipe08 said:
if you have a 4 wheeler you can back the squeeze chute into the barn.if not you can muscle it.did you not get the dolly with your squeeze chute.

Didn't get the dolly as we don't have anywhere to take it. Our pastures all connect except one and they will walk across the road following a feed bucket, so we bring everything up on the hill to work them. 4-wheeler has been mentioned but brother doubts it has enough power. I can pick it back up with the FEL and set it sideways just in front of the door, then maybe winch it around and into place. Gotta get the junk moved first.

Thanks Ron! The Co-Op special ordered this one for a customer and he didn't follow through, so they had the "you're and idiot if you don't buy this" price on it. So, the deal was good enough I didn't look further.

Greybeard~ Granddad was a farmer/carpenter and always had time to fix the neighbors stuff while his place needed work. Never really understood why he didn't take care of home.

Think like an Egyptian. Get yourself half a dozen 4-6 inch wood posts and use those for your "wheels". Yeah you'll have to muscle it around the last little bit, but it beats the heck out of killing yourself doing it the whole way.

slick- Do you remember the old troughs that had 2 formed ends and a thick sheet of flat plastic that just laid in the saddle. That piece of plastic slides on dirt and grass real easy. also if the barn trusses will support some weight you could rig up a hoist to pull it into [place

Engler":3gy2sbs1 said:
Think like an Egyptian. Get yourself half a dozen 4-6 inch wood posts and use those for your "wheels". Yeah you'll have to muscle it around the last little bit, but it beats the heck out of killing yourself doing it the whole way.

Mentioned that to my brother and he laughed at me. I know it'll work, just have to do it when he's not around to tell me it won't. :lol:

M5farm":3gy2sbs1 said:
slick- Do you remember the old troughs that had 2 formed ends and a thick sheet of flat plastic that just laid in the saddle. That piece of plastic slides on dirt and grass real easy. also if the barn trusses will support some weight you could rig up a hoist to pull it into [place

Sorry, I don't, but I think I get the concept. Plastic skids?

skyhightree1":3gy2sbs1 said:
very nice I like it color reminds me of ford tractors lol

Thanks. Just hope it works a good as it looks.

greybeard":3hfy60b7 said:
cow pollinater":3hfy60b7 said:
Ever notice that a mechanic's car is always the one that runs like crap and the plumber's bathroom sink leaks?
Same thing.
Not really. I have some high quality cows and I'm going to be doing a bunch of AI work this year... I don't build corrals for a living. :lol: