In like a Lion

Help Support CattleToday:

In July and August us Northern guys can post pictures of lush green grass and 75 degree weather while the guys down south have 110 degrees and crispy brown grass. Haha
I was thinking the same thing!!
We all have are tradeoffs. I like winter snow. I don't like winter MUD. Temps have been running -10 to +40F all winter. We NEVER got more than maybe 2-3" of ground freeze. Normally, it's 2 FEET of frozen ground. So, all winter we never got to where the cattle weren't punching up all the ground they were wintered on.

I was thinking the same thing!!
We all have are tradeoffs. I like winter snow. I don't like winter MUD. Temps have been running -10 to +40F all winter. We NEVER got more than maybe 2-3" of ground freeze. Normally, it's 2 FEET of frozen ground. So, all winter we never got to where the cattle weren't punching up all the ground they were wintered on.
Must be global warming....... won't be long and you'll have it like Texas............

0 degrees this morning. Forecast is for 12-24 inches of snow now thru Saturday. January is going well so far.

I've been thinking the same thing. Our lilacs should be leafing out by now, there should be dandelions blooming, and the grass should have a definite green flush to it, but we're having a "winter storm" today and tonight, and next week, they're predicting 19 inches of new snow and single digit temps. Fortunately, going back up above freezing a couple days later, but man, we still have glacial sheets of compacted snow (which is now solid ice) three feet thick, and there's a big drift down the west side of our property that started out about 15 feet tall and has melted down to about 8 to 10 feet now. That's solid ice, too. It's gonna be June or July before that's all gone. This is insane!

I didn't open my windows after the last T-Storm came thru a couple of nights ago and yesterday afternoon, came in the house and it was 82*F. Turned my AC on for the first time this year. Wind has picked up now so I turned it off early this morning and opened some windows..

It was calm and 43 when I fed this morning. After that I got on the tractor to try to correct some pot holes in the driveway. A cold wind and it started to rain. I figured the pot holes could wait. Decided to go to the post office to pick up the mail. It started snowing sideways. By 2:30 the wind had died down it was 50 degrees and the sun was shining. If you don't like the weather wait 10 minutes it will change.

Only about 6" of new snow here. Go a few miles south away from the "warm" (35 degrees...) lake and they got 22" of snow the last 2 days. More is forecast on/off this coming week.

Latest posts